any chance?

I have really bad GRE scores, I am trying to improve; however, I am really bad at standardized tests. Do you guys think it looks really bad if I have low GRE? Even if i apply to non-GRE requiring schools, do you think they will look at my score in CASPA?

Scores were, 140,140,3.0

My overall GPA is 3.4

HCE:- CNA (600hrs), scribe (~700), clinical setting volunteer (200hrs)

LOR:- professor and PA's

Personal stat:- I have explained my 2 C's and experiences as CNA and scribe.

More importantly, you probably need to look at why you don't do well on the GRE.  

No, the GRE is not correlating to the PANCE, but the PANCE, and the PANRE, are standardized tests.  It's grueling - 5 hours for the PANCE, 4 hours for the PANRE - 1 minute per question.  Depending on the school, you might get through the tests in the PA program, but then not be able to pass the PANCE ... and with respect to licensing, many states limits the number of attempts you can have.  

Would be very very painful to get that far and no further!  

GRE score has no correlation with how well you will do on the PANCE. Otherwise some of the top programs that DO NOT require GRE wouldn't have above 95% PANCE pass rate. Having said that, 280 is below par score. I suggest taking a Kaplan or Magoosh course to improve that score if you can't do it on your own. Some people are just not that great at standardized testing, but with practice you can definitely improve your score.

Schools that don't require GRE won't care about it so you can apply to those schools for sure, but if you apply to any school that requires GRE, the chances of you getting an interview are slim to none. Your GPA and experience is fine. Continue to get some more HCE hours. Another word of advise is don't talk about two Cs in your personal statement. Focus on your passion of becoming  a PA, how did you decide to become a PA (may be a PA you shadowed), and/or an unbelievable patient care experience. Good Luck!

More importantly, you probably need to look at why you don't do well on the GRE.  

No, the GRE is not correlating to the PANCE, but the PANCE, and the PANRE, are standardized tests.  It's grueling - 5 hours for the PANCE, 4 hours for the PANRE - 1 minute per question.  Depending on the school, you might get through the tests in the PA program, but then not be able to pass the PANCE ... and with respect to licensing, many states limits the number of attempts you can have.  

Would be very very painful to get that far and no further!  

Just to add to this:  RE: PANCE you can only take it a max of 6 times...after that, you have to go back to PA school.  Not kidding.  That's an NCCPA rule.  States may have lower limits (I guess?) but definitely not more than 6.

Just to add to this:  RE: PANCE you can only take it a max of 6 times...after that, you have to go back to PA school.  Not kidding.  That's an NCCPA rule.  States may have lower limits (I guess?) but definitely not more than 6.

Not to mention it's like $500 a test...

LIMITATIONS ON ELIGIBILITY: THE SIX-YEARS-SIX-ATTEMPTS RULE

Individuals who have never been certified and who graduated from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program on or after January 1, 2003, will be eligible to take PANCE for up to six years after completing the requirements for graduation from that program. During that six-year period, PANCE may be taken a total of six times. When either the six attempts or six years are exhausted, whichever occurs sooner, the individual loses eligibility to take PANCE. The only way to establish new eligibility is to complete an unabridged ARC-PA accredited physician assistant educational program again.

Archived