Impressions of Wingate's program?

Hey guys! I was wondering if any former or current students wouldn't mind sharing their experience and overall impression with Wingate's program? In terms of academics, faculty, rotations, etc. I've visited the Hendersonville campus and sat in on a couple classes (I'm a WNC resident), both times leaving excited. Ms. Irving is great! Do you feel the program adequately prepared you for practicing as a PA? What about the structure of the didactic phase? Did you feel prepared for the PANCE? Quality/rigor of the rotations (Hendersonville campus)? What areas of medicine are graduates working in (or current students hoping to work in)?

Anyone who responds -- thank you for your time.

• 1 month later...

I didn't choose Wingate, but I went to an open house session and interviewed and was accepted. It's a nice campus, slightly rural and quaint. I liked the overall vibe, the faculty and current students were top notch. Out of all the schools I was accepted into, and had I not gotten into my first choice, I would have definitely chose Wingate. I worked with and shadowed a PA graduate from Wingate and he was stellar too, proof that they churn out good product. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

I loved it personally, and the impression Salmo gave is very accurate. The school and faculty are very welcoming, humble, and nice. It is in a quiet rural town, but it is still on the out skirts of Charlotte, so your still near  suburbs (~15-20 minutes), and a 45 minutes from the big city. I'll be attending this fall, so Wingate Class of 2018!

Personally, Wingate reminded me of my Undergrad/Grad school (Baylor), which is why i fell in love with it :)

I didn't choose Wingate, but I went to an open house session and interviewed and was accepted. It's a nice campus, slightly rural and quaint. I liked the overall vibe, the faculty and current students were top notch. Out of all the schools I was accepted into, and had I not gotten into my first choice, I would have definitely chose Wingate. I worked with and shadowed a PA graduate from Wingate and he was stellar too, proof that they churn out good product. Hope that helps.

Salmo, it's a good thing you didn't go to the Hendersonville campus...you'd never have actually made it to class with all the fishing available around there!

Archived