Rural Family Medicine offer for new grad

Hello experienced PAs!

I just recently received what I believe to be an ideal position in a rural clinic in WA. The small clinic is brand new with a family physician there 1 day a week. If I accept the position, I would start off working at larger clinic with a residency program and gradually move into the solo provider role after 1 year. 

The following offer is for full-time Monday-Friday (40 hours/week) without call: 

- Salary: 95k with incentive bonus (not expecting one my first year)

-Relocation/bonus: 10k, partial repayment if I leave before the 3 year contract. 

-401K with 6% employer contribution 

- PTO : 21 days first year, 25 second, and then 1 extra day/year up to max of 30.

-CME : 3,000 with 5 paid days off.  

- Full medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 

- Malpractice with life-time tail coverage (FTCA)

- Paid license, DEA, and 3 professional organization memberships 

- 3 years contract 

My only concern is the thought of eventually running solo. Thanks in advance for your advice! 

3 year contract is rough, but otherwise very solid.

What is your experience? Full time solo may unreasonable at 1 year, but this depends in clinic set up, how easy is the doc to reach, etc.

Congrats on the offer!

Thank you @RuralER/Ortho! My background is limited to 2 years of telemedicine and 3 years of CNA work. My work in telemedicine has made me just as comfortable with telephone support vs on-site support. The main clinic which ~30 minutes away is staffed with 4 attending physician dedicated only to teaching residents and providing telephone support. 

Archived