Accreditation Issues

Hi,

I was accepted to the MCPHS University Worcester program starting in 2017. However, they are on probation for over accepting students to their program. The next review isn't until March of 2017. Anyone know what is at risk in this case? If I were to start and they did not get their accreditation renewed what happens? The school has not responded to my emails.

Hi,

I was accepted to the MCPHS University Worcester program starting in 2017. However, they are on probation for over accepting students to their program. The next review isn't until March of 2017. Anyone know what is at risk in this case? If I were to start and they did not get their accreditation renewed what happens? The school has not responded to my emails.

I'd be more worried about them not responding to your emails than anything else!

I don't think MCPHS would do anything to jeopardize their accreditation, so from that standpoint I don't think you need to worry (that is, they will stay accredited).

It seems like they got dinged for enrolling too many students, and they are taking steps to fix this. 

I'm a recent-ish grad, you can PM me if you have any questions about the program.

Thanks everyone.

I just got a response today:

"Our accreditation status is a temporary probationary status.  We are still a fully accredited program.  We are currently complying with and will continue to comply with the ARC-PA accreditation agency on the number of students that we are allowed to enroll into our program with each class year.  The temporary probation status is not a reflection of the academic quality of our program.  Our current students’ ability to graduate with a PA degree and to sit for the board exam in not impacted by the temporary probation status.  We are confident that the probation status will be removed once our program has been reviewed in 2017.

I hope this better clarifies your concerns and we look forward to seeing you next year."

Archived