Science GPA not meeting minimum

• Administrator

Unfortunately, no, your chances aren't good.  If you have some unnaturally compelling background, you might get an interview, but otherwise your best bet is to take more/upper division science courses to make sure you at least meet minimums.  PA school is quite competitive now, and even folks who meet the minimums are getting turned away in droves.

I would highly recommend investing in additional science courses. This year, I applied to a school in my area that said their minimum science GPA was 3.0. It turns out that they received so many applications (2,000 for 30 seats!) that they only pulled people with a 3.5 science GPA or higher. Mine is a 3.3.

The sad reality is that PA school is ridiculously competitive. If you have the time and money to take some extra courses, I would do it. There are plenty of schools that, as long as you met that 3.0 minimum, will look at you, especially if you have great HCE and a compelling personal statement. However, the likelihood that you would get pulled is low if you don't meet that minimum.

Archived