HCE or post-bac first?

I'll be done with undergrad soon, and I'm trying to pick my next steps. There is one pre req I need to take, and a couple science classes I want to retake, and that would all be at a community college at home (3 hours from where I go to school). However, there is a 1 semester MA program at the community college near my university. Should I do that right after I finish my undergrad, because I will already be in that area, or move back home and finish up my pre reqs and then move back to do the MA program?

I figure if I do the MA program first then there's a chance I can work while I finish up my science classes. But I also kinda want to finish taking classes asap. What are your thoughts?

Unless there's some compelling reason not to, I'd say take the MA class first so you can start working. Your experience is probably going to figure heavily into your application so it seems to make sense to go ahead and get started accumulating it. 

Maybe you could even take a prerequisite or two along with the MA class. I'm not an MA, but I can't imagine it being an especially demanding course. 

Archived