Pediatric Critical Care Medicine

I am looking for a good pediatric critical care reference text.  I've heard that the big three are
·         Fuhrman and Zimmerman. Pediatric Critical Care. 4th Edition. 2011

·         Shaffner and Nichols. Rogers' Textbook of Pediatric Intensive Care. 5th Edition. 2015.

·         Wheeler, Wong, and Shanley. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine: Basic Science and Clinical Evidence. 2007.

My question is.. I have no way to go see any of these texts in person.  Anyone have any good comparisons on the three texts?  I would be learning more toward Roger's just because its the most current - however I'm not sure if that is a good enough reason. 

I'll be using it just as a reference for understanding the sick kiddos I'm taking care of, but I'll be working in Neurosurgery.

Any opinions would be much appreciated. 

Happy Holidays! 

you can probably read sections of each on amazon to see which best fits your style. if you go to a medical school bookstore or library you could compare the same section(pick a dx) for each and see which flows best for you. I did this when looking for a medicine text and realized Cecil's was a far better writing style for me than harrison's with better tables and language aimed at the non-internist.

Archived