Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience with the interview. I was in the 930 group. I thought the first portion of the interview was great. We sat in a lecture hall and had 2 current PA students discuss their experience, give tips and answer questions for about 30-45min. I was impressed with the amount of clinical experience MXC PA students have. Because they get to do all their clinicals in the John Stoger Cook County hospital system they get a lot of ER and Surgery rotations. Its intense and requires a lot of work and hours but the amount of knowledge you gain is invaluable! The second portion consisted of 2 group interviews.... We were broken up in groups of 3 and were interviewed by 3 faculty/graduate students. I was nervous but I tried to be myself and convey my motivation and I hope it showed. I think it went well. I'm excited about the possible opportunity.... We will all know our admission status April 17th! I wish everyone the best!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:;;D:Well here is the skinny on my interview experience. I was in the 8:30am group. Many of the people within the group were subscribe to the forum. That made me feel a little at ease to know that other people are sharing this experience with me. My whole week before the interview was consumed with thoughts of what questions they will be asking and how I will answer them effective and appropriately. To my surprise the interview was not that bad. While we sat in the waited area, second students were great in answering general questions and giving tips related to the PA field. The interviews were conducted by mixture of faculty, current students and graduates of the MXC PA Program. Many of the questions asked were related to personal career choices, experiences and motivations. After this experience, it clearly showed that it takes alot of dedication, self determination and motivation to become a PA. This is a challenge that I am ready to take. I hope that my own determination, motivation, experiences, and dedication to the profession showed. For many of us April 17th will be a life changing experience. I wish everyone the very best and good luck.

I was in the 8:30 am group. I was surprised that we were only asked 6 questions. They were very nice and made us feel at ease. The second group interview was very rushed for me because they were running out out time. They actually told us to keep the answers brief. They was actually someone knocking on the door for them to hurry up! I hope I was able to show them what kind of person I am in such short amount of time. I did not practice at all, I figured I would just go in there and be myself. I hope I didn't hurt my chances of getting in because some of my answers weren't as eloquent as I would have liked.

I am freaking out because we only have a month and a half notice if we get accepted. I don't know if I should try to get a loan now....just in case the answer is yes??? I can't apply for financial aid because I have a BS and we can't apply for federal loans until september. Does anybody have any insight to this??

Thanks a bunch!!

hey everyone. i interviewed at 8:30 and was pretty much baffled the whole time. it may have been because it was a cc so its structure was different than a university, but i definately did not get a good vibe from them. just like your posts prove, there are still a million questions that they did not answer because no one explained anything to us. the only answers given were by students and thats if we were able to think of the question. who will be teaching us? where was teh financial aid advisor to answer all our questions? where was the dean or other administration to explain their program or even help us to understand why they didn't accept applications last year and why we should be confident that we won't lose accredidation while we're studying? where is the library or what does/do they have a mock exam room (no tour)? all i know is that its cheap and that cook county has the best trauma rotation. on top of that, the sheer disorganization of the whole interview process was an eye opener. if they can't even do that, i am not very confident that they will be organized enough to guide me to a good education. now, i went on the interview because i WAS genuinely interested and it was actually one of my top choices after looking through the site and seeing what their mission/program was all about. however, the interview completely changed my mind. if i do get a seat, i will be declining it. i interviewed with a great group of applicants and if anyone on the forum does get a seat and takes it, i wish you the best. i definately met some great people there and am sure there are people who would be a great fit at malcolm. just after all the interviews ive been on, i dont have a good feeling and its definately not for me. i WILL be just down the street at midwestern though so i hope to maybe see some of you on rotations.

have a great year everyone!

I also intervied at MXC and was in the 10:30 group. They gave us only 1 interview as opposed to 2 interviews they gave to the previous interview groups. The interview process was disorganized. They did not have our applications with them and they asked on general multicultural questions to us. If I get accepted, I am not sure if I would attend.

Mednut: were you wearing a pink top? I think my group was waiting in the room with your group to go into the second interview room. I was probably the only person wearing a light colored blazer LOL!

This was my first interview anywhere so I didn't know what to expect. I wish you the best of luck at Midwestern! Maybe I will see you around

The interview process was very disorganized and ran late too. Very frustrating there will hardly be any aid as well. After going on another interview this past Monday it's clear that the program may be lacking. Aside from the PA office and lecture room, where else will we be learning, especially the physical exam portion.

The interview process was very disorganized and ran late too. Very frustrating there will hardly be any aid as well. After going on another interview this past Monday it's clear that the program may be lacking. Aside from the PA office and lecture room, where else will we be learning, especially the physical exam portion.

Hello mellowmel:

Do you mind if I ask how you know there won't be much aid? I called the financial aid office last week and they weren't very helpful. They just told me that they pass out federal loan applications on the first day of class, no aid or loans until September.

Mednut: were you wearing a pink top? I think my group was waiting in the room with your group to go into the second interview room. I was probably the only person wearing a light colored blazer LOL!

This was my first interview anywhere so I didn't know what to expect. I wish you the best of luck at Midwestern! Maybe I will see you around

wow. you guys have a great memory. yes i was! I'm not going to go out and tell people to decline their seat or anything, but I would definately really make sure you know the risks of the school before investing your future in it. I've been on 4 other interviews and was dumbfounded by theirs. I guess to me, first impression sticks, but for others, they might see a difference once they start so it has to be an individuals decision to go or not to go.

cheers!

It would be wise for someone not to attend this PA school. Their interview and application process was very disorganized. I wonder about the qualification of people who run this place. If I get accepted to this PA school, I will strongly consider returning my acceptance.

@aeonesti I was in the 8:30 interview. If I recall correctly, one of the 2nd yr students mentioned he wasn't eligible for any aid since he had his bachelor's already and the program is an associates program. He was only eligible for year 2- when he was actually signed up in the optional master's part of the program.

@aeonesti I was in the 8:30 interview. If I recall correctly, one of the 2nd yr students mentioned he wasn't eligible for any aid since he had his bachelor's already and the program is an associates program. He was only eligible for year 2- when he was actually signed up in the optional master's part of the program.

Thanks! I do remember him saying that. I think we still qualify for federal loans though? There is only a few more days left to see who got accepted...I might as well wait before I do anything. The advisor that gave me the exit interview said they made decisions TODAY(Saturday) and gave us notice on thursday via email. I am pretty sure that is what he said but I could be mistaken.

Yeah that is what he said in the exit interview. I actually got accepted into MCPHS, so if I get in to MXC I'll be declining the spot. I just can't see paying $30,000/yr for an Associates when I can pay the same thing for a Master's program.

Mellowmel:

I think you should look at this before you make your decision. It is actually about $30,000 for MXC but that covers the two years...so it's actually only like $15,000 per year(for out of state).

http://malcolmx.ccc.edu/Academic_Programs/PhysicianAssistantTuition.asp

Whichever program you choose I wish you the best of luck!

Hey all, just got a call today that I was accepted into the program. Orientation is in the beginning of May, and you have to let them know of your decision by May 3rd. I haven't made up my mind about the program quite yet...but good luck to everyone, you should be hearing something soon!

I got accepted too!!!!!!! They called me about an hour ago. She said that there was an email but I didn't get an email with instruction..did anybody get an email?

I am still in disbelief.

Laila08:

I agree with you. We will show everybody that MXC is just as good as any of the other high priced universities :)

Archived