• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also received the phone call (no email), but will be choosing my first choice school of Midwestern so my seat will be given to someone else. And I don't think anyone has really given negative comments. Only realistic comments about the realization that the school is still lacking in many ways and that they didn't give a good impression to students that they want to have give them money for tuition. The school is definately still a risk at this point, but I'm not going to judge ANYONE that chooses to go there. Just know what you are getting into and be prepared.

Congrats to you all. I have not heard anything yet, therefore I am still waiting. I did give Jessica a call because my phone line was down today, therefore i do not know whether they called or not. Nor did I receive an email. I will keep everyone updated on my status. Again congrats.....:0)

Well, I can read posts and I view some posts as negative comments and if anyone is offended by my comment maybe you just feel guilty about your actions. I feel good about my decision and if you do not intend on going to Malcolm X college, please leave the forum...I welcome all former graduates of Malcolm X college to make comments on thier experiences because as far as Im concern the people that I know that attended the school are practicing with people from diverse backgrounds. Like students that grauduated from Duke University and Mayo Clinic PA programs. I used to work at Mayo Clinic, so I know personally. Its one thing to be concern thats reasonable, but its another to just plan bash a school. There have been plenty of prestigious universities that may have been at one point on probation or have had questionable processes.. Lets move forward!!

Laila08

Be good. I agree with you, however we must stay focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.

I got my acceptance call today. Yeah us!!!!!!! Yiiiiiiipppppppeeeeee. I will see you guys on May 3 for orientation. Let show them that Malcolm X College PA Program is as good as any other. Students success is a reflection of MXC's dedication and willingness to change the defects. I am in full support and confident that they will teach us what is necessary for us to be successful.

CLASS OF 2012. COME ON DOWN.:=D:

• 11 months later...

Rosie,

I know you are in the 2012 class and I am wanting to know about the additional aid that we could apply for if we are a low income student. Lauren in your class mention it to us during our interview for 2013 applicants and I was hoping you have the name of the grant/aid. If you have Lauren's email address I could ask her if your not sure of which aid I'm talking about. Thanks very much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ak4347,

I don't think that is the reason why they rejected you. Plenty of out of state students were accepted. Because you didn't get accepted is not a reason to shut the program down, in that case all programs would eventually be shut down for rejecting students. This is a normal process, and although hard to accept you must prepare yourself that not all schools you apply to will in fact accept you. From all the schools i applied to, only a couple accepted me and one waitlisted me.

I am amicable to Earahope's statement; it's bizarre calling you that Im**d*. I am also an out of state student. Nevertheless, I have applied to many PA programs, got accepted, got wait listed, and got rejected too. I understand your disappointment; however, that does not not give you the reason to say, "shut down the program." Why? Did you say shut down the other PA programs' you have applied to because they didn't accept you. You will face many disappointments in life, but do not let that stop you from working towards your dream. Life is what you make out of it. If you get rejected, just work harder next time ,you will never know, and you might get accepted during next application cycle. Just turn everything in a "positive " from now on. I'm sorry that you didn't get accepted though. All the best next time:sad:!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone heard anything for their acceptance into the program for this year? i've applied and sent my supplemental application, and am still waiting to hear on an interview. they keep telling me that applicants will hear from them "very soon." anyone else know of their status for the program this year?? thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I got an interview via email. I wish I had gotten notified postal mail or phone call. Regardless my interview is on the 11th. Please let me know what questions they will be asking. Also I'm concerned that this is an associates program. Don't most schools offer masters?

Hi guys I got an interview via email. I wish I had gotten notified postal mail or phone call. Regardless my interview is on the 11th. Please let me know what questions they will be asking. Also I'm concerned that this is an associates program. Don't most schools offer masters?

Congrats for getting an interview. I was wondering if you dont mind sharing your stats G.P.A, HCE, Instate/out state? Goodluck on your interview.

Archived