Help! Interview advice needed

So my #2 school just called me. They were in the process of scheduling me for January 11 when someone pulled out of the interview session for next Wednesday December 10. They called me because I was the only one waiting to be scheduled who was within driving distance. The problem is that I have an interview already booked for January 22 at my #1 choice school. I know it is more advantageous to interview early, and also I don't want it to look bad if I turn the early slot down. But if I get into #1 school, all others will be declined for sure, no question.

My question is: if I take the early interview at #2 school and am lucky enough to be accepted, will I be able to delay making a decision until I interview and get an acceptance/rejection from the #1 school?

Accepted students and current PAs, how long did you have to accept an offered spot?

I have to let them know first thing in the morning!

How does school #2 do their acceptances?  Do they offer right after interviews?  Some schools do mass acceptances after all interviews are over - and in that case, you have no problem here.

After receiving an acceptance you have usually 2 weeks (10 business days) to accept an offer.  What is the deposit for school #2?  If you can afford to, interview, if you get accepted, hold your spot, and then if school #1 works out, you just forfeit the money.  But if school #1 doesn't work out, at least you'll be going to PA school.

Both programs have rolling admissions. Forum posters here for both programs have been posting acceptances and rejections.

I think I will take the early interview. It is more advantageous to interview earlier at rolling admissions schools because of less competition, right? Plus, y'all are right... Even if I lose a deposit, it's always better to be accepted somewhere! Assuming I do get accepted after the interview of course.

I think I will take the early interview. I just don't feel *prepared* and I am an over-preparer (is that even a word?)... I haven't done my in-depth school research (I know why I want to go there, I'm talking extras like history and cool factoids, etc.), I haven't done any interview question practice yet, and my suit isn't even clean because I wore it to a job interview recently. I guess I better get busy...

Archived