Drexel Waitlist

Guest Jgos21

I'm definately glad to read through these posts and not feel like i'm the only one who's going a little stir crazy as crunch time is upon us. I interviewed with the Nov. 19th folks, and have yet to hear anything as well. I've been trying to get inside the heads of Janet and the admissions team by following every line of logic I can.. and also I'm usually not this nuerotic, i swear.

But here's how I see it as of now. It seems like a handful of folks on here got a waitlist email last week (either on the 23rd or 24th). Did all the waitlist emails go out at the same time? If anyone got one, when did you get it? Again, usually not this nuerotic. And if those of who didn't get a waitlist email, does that mean they're in, and are just waiting for that phone call? A bit too optimistic? Umm, I'd like to think not. Especially since I have a Genetics test on friday that I should be studying for instead of having my mind get lost in this cloud.

At least it stopped snowing around here. And in a few weeks, hopefully some clarity will start coming our way.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jgos21-My "wait list" email was received on Wed, March 24th at 3:44 pm. I can imagine that they hvae not told those who are accepted that they are accepted. I would think this since no one has posted for a really long time if they've been accepeted AND someone stated that the Drexel PA facebook group only has 9 people. What is odd is it seems as if they are waiting to give out those acceptance calls. You would have thought that they would have sent the "wait list" email after they called everyone that was accepted. However, it seems that those wait listed heard first and they just haven't gotten around to calling those accepted?? I don't know...just my prediction:) If and when people do get acceptances and you don't want to go to Drexel, please let your spot go as soon as you decide for people waiting around on this wait list.....this waiting game is no fun! :)

Guest Vance1

awhittin- I'd like to think the same, however, my guess, is that they have picked the class already. It wouldn't make sense to wait list a group and then tell the others afterwards that they've been accepted. The reverse would make things more simple.... i.e. Let those lucky individuals know they've been accepted and if they reject, Drexel can then pick from the wait list. I was told when I was wait listed last year that they don't have an order for picking someone from the list. They try and match a wait-listed profile with the person who rejected their offer. For example, perhaps someone with the same GPA, job experience, clinical hours, patient contact hours, etc.... Seems like a weird system but they said it works. I also read someone's post that stated she talked to Janet and Janet said the class was picked. I'm not exactly sure where it was located, maybe in the "Interviewed yet" posts. I also know they started to send out rejection letters for those that were not interviewed.

Guest Jgos21

As I'm sure most of you who check this so far are waiting to hear something just like I am.. do you think its ok to call or email Janet or Diane to see what's going on? or Is it just another week or two to wait out.. Anyone hear anything? It just seems odd that they've apparently selected the class, but not a lot of people have heard anything yet. Hmmm...

Guest jesse0081

I remember reading somewhere on here that last year they waited until the 1st and 2nd week of April to make all of the calls. I would just wait it out. I'm just as anxious as you, but I remember Janet telling us (in a nice way) not to call after the interview :-)

I emailed Drexel on March 26th and asked about my admission status and this was the response:

"We have selected our class but are still finalizing our alternate list. Once that is final letters will be going out, and it should definitely be within the next month."

And now I'm just confused as to whether they have actually notified the selected class yet? It doesn't seem like that many have been notified yet, but who knows.

Guest Jgos21

Yea, it seems like if they called all 75 students that there would be more buzz either on here or on facebook.. or maybe its the most untechnologically savvy group ever. haha.

"We have selected our class but are still finalizing our alternate list. Once that is final letters will be going out, and it should definitely be within the next month."

That at least tells you that they are not putting EVERYONE on the alternate list. If they were, they wouldn't have to finalize anything, it would just be everyone that they did not select for the class.

I think all these posts mean good news for everyone waiting-if you haven't heard anything yet, my bets are that you are accepted and they just haven't called you yet. I received my alternate email on 3/24, and then received my official letter, and it was dated 3/29 (I got in the mail on 4/5). From one of the previous posts, looks as if they have also sent out rejection letters. You have to think that most people that are rejected are probably reading this post, but won't post anything:) I just cross my fingers that a large number of the people that they accept end up going somewhere else so people on the waitlist can have a chance at attending Drexel! :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! And to everyone on the waitlist...let's hang in there! If "accepted" people haven't been told yet, then they haven't even started taking people off the waitlist yet...we still have a chance!!!!

After researching posts from 2008 & 09 it seems that some folks are accepted soon after their interview (Approx. 5-10), Drexel then notifies those rejected and waitlisted in April of each year. Those who will receive invitations seem to have received them the second to third week of May. So, with this little bit of investigation complete, no news may be good news. I have not learned what the deadline is for a deposit, that bit of information may give the folks on the waitlist a new date to wait for.

I just wanted to write a quick post, because this could give you guys a little update. I was placed on the waitlist on March 24th. I got the call last night from Janet saying I was in! She said that the class is full and she "had a spot open up". I didn't ask any questions about how many on the waitlist, what about the people that haven't heard anything, etc. (although I wish I should have!), because I was too excited! So for the people that have heard nothing yet....hmm...I'm not sure what category they fall in. Optimists would say they just haven't gotten around to calling everyone yet, and out of the people that already know, they had someone withdraw from there (which may explain why I was taken off the waitlist). However, realists would say that they wouldn't start taking off the waitlist until all of their acceptances have already gone out. I am sure it will work out for everyone! I am excited to be off the waitlist and have the acceptance! But now I'm bewildered at the status of everyone that has been posting on here that hasn't heard anything yet......I was not expecting that call last night at all!!!

Hopefully this will help those of you on the wait list not to give up hope! When I interviewed, the student who was giving the tour of the school said that a girl in his class was not accepted until 2 weeks before the program started. So pretty much it sounds like the window can run the gamut from 1-2 weeks after your interview all the way to 2 weeks before the program starts... don't lose hope!

Guest Todd.P

I am just curious why there isn't more of a buzz of acceptances. I'm sure some people have had to hear something other than the early accepted people. I was talking to some people going to graduate schools and they were telling me that there is an in between waitlist and rejected. Has anyone heard something like that? I'm just very anxious to know what is going on for me. I haven't slept since my interview in feb and still haven't heard anything.

Yeah, I never expected to get off the waitlist for Grand Valley and was 100% certain that I'd be at Drexel. I was then given a curve-ball by Grand Valley when they told me that I was accepted. After weighing out the options, Grand Valley seemed to be a better fit for me...

Archived