Drexel Waitlist

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still keeping fingers crossed! I think they are in their limbo period...they've accepted a few (and let them know within a week or two of when they interviewed) and they are about to make final decisions on the rest of us. Looks like last year, people started hearing the last week of March, first week of April. I just hope that if people don't want a spot, they let it go for all of us that are crossing our fingers!!!!

Guest ahonsing

I can't take it anymore! Should I be giving up hope, or is there a reasonable chance they haven't made their acceptance calls?

Guest Todd.P

Don't give up hope! From what I have heard, very few acceptances have been made and most schools start calling last week of March, first week of April. That is what is keeping me alive!

Blent87,

I meant everyone they interviewed (~300 ppl) that didn't get in, and even then I was being fictitious.

I understand. They most likely waitlisted 150 or less. That would give them ample alternates (enough for 2 whole classes to decline and still have a full incoming class).

I guess another thing to think about is that Drexel personally calls each person to tell them that they are accepted, which takes quite a bit of time. Because of this, it could take several days before they are able to contact everyone that has been accepted. This means that if you have not yet gotten a waitlist e-mail, you could still be on the list for getting an acceptance call.

PS - there are only 9 people in the Drexel PA Class of 2012 fb group (one of which is myself), which leads me to believe that many people haven't been notified of acceptance yet. Also, there haven't been any recent postings on the Class of 2012 thread here, another reason to believe that everyone hasn't been notified of acceptance yet.

Guest jesse0081

I interviewed 2/26 and haven't heard anything yet. Every time the phone rings with a number I don't recognize, I have a little anxiety attack.

I'm not sure exactly how they select from the waitlist. If you think about it logically, however, there must be some form of ranking system for waitlisted applicants. If there weren't, they would have to re-evaluate each applicant every time a spot opened up. This would be both time consuming and inefficient.

Please note, however, that these are just how I THINK it is done, not how it is ACTUALLY done.

I've learned that the whole application process is a waiting game, you just need to figure out how to pass the time until you find out a final decision.

I also received the email stating that I was waitlisted. I can imagine that they are still calling people to let them know that they've been accepted. I can not imagine that they have told anyone official "no" yet. It would not make sense for them. It would be the best scenario for them to keep a lot of people on their wait list and then gradually deny/accept off of that list (once they let everyone know they were accepted the first time around). I would love to see a post on here from someone that gets accepted and gives up their spot...gives those of us on the waitlist hope! I wonder if there is a date when a deposit is due or anything...after deposit is due, I can imagine there may be a lot of shifting around. Anyone know how many people off the waitlist were then taken off and accepted last year????? Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

Awhittin, I was officially accepted to the program. A $500 deposit is due to the program within 2 weeks from the acceptance notification. While their letter of acceptance does not state this (the letter is standardized for all of Drexel's grad programs), the PA program expects the deposit within 2 weeks.

Archived