Class of 2014

Their interview style was awesome! You'll be assigned three interviewers, each of which you will meet with 1 on 1 for approximately 15 minutes. It's really just a conversation, without any of those classic interview questions. They really want you to just be yourself and show your personality.

Hi pgorynski, congrats, it's a wonderful program! I'm interviewing in November, and very excited. The website made it seem that the school did not use rolling admissions, did they mention they were accepting a few select candidates after each interview session? Also, how was the first day of the interview session? Was there any formal interview process, or is does that just take place on Saturday? Thanks in advance :)

Their "official" stance is that acceptance letters will be sent out in January. However, they do give the impression that some people will hear back rather quickly, which is obviously the case. On the first day of your interview session you will meet with some current students. The students I met with basically said the same thing, that some of their classmates heard back really soon, while others didn't get accepted until January. So while some may get accepted sooner than others, not hearing back from them right away doesn't mean you weren't accepted!

As far as the actual interviewing goes, that is all on the second day. The first day you sit in on a pharmacology class (which is awesome, by the way), and then meet with some of the program directors to discuss the program and financial aid, etc. You then split into smaller groups and meet with some current students. After lunch comes essay writing and an aptitude test.

I believe the interviews are scheduled from 8-12, but I was out of there before 10am. Like I said before, the interviews are really laid back and more of a conversation than anything. They already know how smart everyone there is and what they've accomplished, now they just want to see what everyone is like as a person. So I really suggest just relaxing and being yourself, rather than worrying about coming up with a perfect answer to any questions they might ask you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi pgorynski, I'm interviewing Nov 18-19 and saw that you mentioned essay writing and an aptitude test on the first day. Any chance you could give me a better idea of the kind of essay and aptitude test? I found out about the interview a week ago and have been scrambling to prepare for it ever since..

• 3 weeks later...

Hey nweston and ehanson, again, congrats! I started a facebook page yesterday: NU Bouvé College of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Class of 2014... If you wanted to join, that'd be cool. It'd be fun to start getting to know one another before classes start in August. The site's pretty bare bones right now, but I will add and hopefully you will have some suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted!! I got my letter 12/24. Couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present! I saw the page on facebook and liked it, I also noticed that the class of 2013 has a group that is restricted to their class as opposed to a page that can be liked. Not sure if that is something people would be interested in, but if it is I would be happy to set up.

Archived