Class of 2014

I created the group. Nicole, I looked you up but there were several people with the same name. If you want to find me by email it is samsnyder1979 # gmail.com. ( I didn't type out the real address, I think you can figure it out, I don't need to get any more junk mail than I already do.) Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Ok, so I sent my written acceptance and check to Northeastern on 19 December. Living in Ohio, and judging from the postmark on Northeastern's letter to me, it takes about 2 full days for mail to go from there to here. That said, my written acceptance was probably received on 22 Dec... However, I have not received any confirmation from Northeastern... I keep trying to convince myself that because of the holidays and distance, they just have simply not gotten back to me... But then there's a little part of me that's freaking out that my letter got lost in the mail, or that b/c it was late, I will lose my seat. I know it's a little irrational to think such a drastic thing, but getting accepted into their program was one of the best moments in my life lol! Really, this post could just be thought of as me thinking out loud... but I also would like a little reassurance... perhaps? I did call them and leave them a message a few days ago, but have not heard back and I don't want to be a bother calling again since I am assuming they are on break. I should probably just give them another week and then maybe try calling again, you think?

Hi Zoe! Happy New Year!! I think that you should find out when classes resume (probably this week sometime) and call then...Based on your dates, if you think that they received it on Dec.22, they were already on break. The week after my interview (dec. 10) was finals week (meaning they officially were off starting Dec. 17th. I saw that someone received an acceptance on the 24th but maybe they wanted to get the acceptances out before the holiday and are dealing with other administrative tasks afterward? Try tomorrow, I think everything is fine for you, though!

I haven't heard anything and am feeling that no news is probably bad news--i personally think they sent out the acceptances and are waiting until they hear back (the 2 week period) before offering any more or letting people know that they are waitlisted or rejected (maybe not wanting to upset anybody during the holiday season!)

All the best and thank you SO much for your PM and encouragement! I'm really happy for you and don't let anything ruin that best moment in your life feeling! Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!! If you need any advice or have questions about Boston, let me know (PM)--I have been living here for about 9 years now (both as a student near Northeastern and now as a more settled family person) so have had a variety of experiences here :)

Thank you ds3489! I really appreciate you taking the time to reassure me. I did get a call from them saying that they did, in fact, receive my acceptance and check, so I am feeling great relief... and once again enjoying the best moment of my life! Good luck to you and like I always say: "Keep your eyes on the prize"!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WHOA! Time is flying! I am getting SUPER excited! Can't wait to meet everyone... and start classes! I guess I'm a little nervous, too. Who is w/ me on these emotions? Also, if anyone knows anyone looking for a room mate starting this August, let me know! As I am moving to Boston from Cleveland, I could use a few pointers as to where to look (which neighborhoods are affordable and safe?) and how else I might find a room mate. Thank you!

WHOA! Time is flying! I am getting SUPER excited! Can't wait to meet everyone... and start classes! I guess I'm a little nervous, too. Who is w/ me on these emotions? Also, if anyone knows anyone looking for a room mate starting this August, let me know! As I am moving to Boston from Cleveland, I could use a few pointers as to where to look (which neighborhoods are affordable and safe?) and how else I might find a room mate. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am a little late to this forum. I was at the Nov 18th, 19th interview and got my letter Nov 22nd, but only just found this forum! I also just tried to "friend" the facebook page - so for the admin, my name is Jessica Burns. I'd love to get on there and start meeting some of my fellow classmates. Congrats to everyone else on here who will be attending this coming Aug. I'm getting a bit nervous about the move and change myself! I will also definitely be looking for accomodations if people have any advice on where to go etc. Zoe, let me know what you were thinking in terms of roommates etc as I might definitely be interested.

• 7 months later...
Their "official" stance is that acceptance letters will be sent out in January. However, they do give the impression that some people will hear back rather quickly, which is obviously the case. On the first day of your interview session you will meet with some current students. The students I met with basically said the same thing, that some of their classmates heard back really soon, while others didn't get accepted until January. So while some may get accepted sooner than others, not hearing back from them right away doesn't mean you weren't accepted!

As far as the actual interviewing goes, that is all on the second day. The first day you sit in on a pharmacology class (which is awesome, by the way), and then meet with some of the program directors to discuss the program and financial aid, etc. You then split into smaller groups and meet with some current students. After lunch comes essay writing and an aptitude test.

I believe the interviews are scheduled from 8-12, but I was out of there before 10am. Like I said before, the interviews are really laid back and more of a conversation than anything. They already know how smart everyone there is and what they've accomplished, now they just want to see what everyone is like as a person. So I really suggest just relaxing and being yourself, rather than worrying about coming up with a perfect answer to any questions they might ask you.

sat with pharmacology class? Were you asked any academic questions? like what medications used to treat what disease?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived