Online Biochem

University of New England (UNE) offers online science courses with virtual labs through their College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). The site is here: http://www.une.edu/com/online/

If you click on the link to Online Biochemistry, there is a link on the subsequent page that lists the programs that accept the course. You could also just email the admissions offices of the programs you're interested in to check whether or not they'll accept it. Good luck!

im seeing a bioch 265. So you liked taking it online? How would you rate the difficulty? Im at east tennessee state uni takin organic now n killin it. My problem is I wanna finish up next semester, no local cc offer biochem and ETSU only teaches Biochem in the Fall minus those in their graduate level biology courses.

I took biochem from UNE 2 years ago. I really enjoyed the class, and they give you over 16 weeks to complete if you need it. The instructor was very nice and made personal phone calls to make sure you are doing ok. The downside was it was expensive to take. I think it cost over $1500 for the 4 credit class.

Im taking the biochem course in UNE now. Its accepted by 4/5 of the PA schools that I'm applying to and the 5th school is looking into it. The lectures are really well done and I feel I am learning as much as I would in a classroom. It's virtually the same thing, except that I am sitting at my dining room table. The professor is available for questions. I am a bit nervous that the final is based solely on the final, but we do have six non graded examinations and a practice final to track our progress. It is a lot of work but nothing unreasonable. You just have to be disciplined and you will be fine.

Anyone aware of an online biochem class that would suffice "most" pa programs?

http://www.une.edu/com/online/

I think this Medical Biochemistry course is accepted by most programs. It has a section on the website that shows what PA programs accept it as a prerequisite. However, I would check with your individual programs as well before you enroll.

• 2 months later...

A few of the schools I applied to were not listed. In the end, after reviewing the courses, all of the schools decided to accept it. I would email your top choice will all the info about the course as well as the instructors contact info and ask them to consider it. You have nothing to lose my this.

Archived