Dept of Vets Affairs PA question

Can anyone provide some insight into working in the VA healthcare system as a PA, whether as a hospitalist or specialty? I'm currently a student and am a former Naval Officer. It would be nice to get back to working with returning vets as well as adding years back into my pension (I have 8 years of service). I was also wondering about scholarships they might have (my last year is undefended as my GI Bill runs out).

I'm also wondering about the working conditions, culture of the VA and overall satisfaction and remuneration.

If I missed anything else important, that would be nice to hear about as well.

Thanks in advance.

i am just a student who is rotating through a VA psych hospital but all the providers I have worked with and talked to seem to enjoy the patient population that they work with and the work that they do. They do complain sometimes of not being able to do certain things or get certain medications but overall it seems that everyone enjoys working with the vets.

aaplied for a job about 6m ago - had not heard even a single thing beyond a confirmation (that I had to pester them to get) that they had rec'd my app.... not great HR In spite of that I would still work for them in a heart beat to serve those have served

Archived