AACC Class starting May 2012

Guest epthompson83

congrats to those of you who got interview emails! i mailed my supplemental app on monday so they probably haven't even processed it yet. they actually didn't even request it until october 7th!

did you all get notification when they received your supplemental app?

i imagine/hope they do more than one day worth of interviews!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nmaski and Farzee, thank you so much for the well wishes and congratulations to you both on your acceptance to CCBC!

Yume, I'm sorry you didn't hear anything back. I'm glad you're going to try again though if this year doesn't pan out, and I wish you all the best either way.

Epthompson83, I did get an email from the program a couple of weeks after sending in my supplemental- just saying that my application was complete. Good luck, I hope you'll be getting an invitation soon as well!

Hey all, do you guys know the structure for the interview process?

Thanks

Hi Chuah, I thought there might be some details about that in the letter, but mine came today and no dice. I guess we'll just have to go in there ready for anything and everything. Best of luck to you and I'll see you in a few weeks!

I got a request for supplemental like a week or two ago, haven't sent it in yet, still waiting on all the official transcripts to arrive. But today, I oddly got an interview request. No complaints here! Interview is in December so I suppose they'll get my supplemental by then for sure.

I'm an out of state applicant too FYI.

Congratulations Hamiltjn- look forward to seeing you in December!

Hey guys! I just joined the PA Forum, and I too have an interview at AACC in December! I know several graduates of the program, as well as a few current students, one of whom is going to brief me on the structure of her interview from last year. Once I get the deets I will share her experience with all of you :)

Guest epthompson83

did you guys get your interview emails on the same day.. the 19th i guess? i wonder if the send them out on a rolling basis...depending on the amount of people who decline the interview. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm going crazy trying to figure out how this whole process works. I guess until I receive a letter declining my app I'll keep the faith!

Hey guys! I just joined the PA Forum, and I too have an interview at AACC in December! I know several graduates of the program, as well as a few current students, one of whom is going to brief me on the structure of her interview from last year. Once I get the deets I will share her experience with all of you :)

Sweet! Thanks in advance K.hoover11- and congrats to you on your interview invite as well. :=D:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there anybody else that is traveling for the interview next week? If so, depending on when others get into town, would people be interested in meeting up for dinner or happy hour or something like that on Thursday night before the interview? I am looking forward to meeting everyone next week!

Crazy_0618,

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a case of the pre-interview nerves. I honestly have no idea what the interview will be like- I suppose the adcoms like to keep us in the dark to make sure none of us have an unfair advantage. Makes it kind of tough to prepare, right?

Trjen,

I'm not traveling, but would be happy to meet up the night before. I think it would be great to recognize some familiar faces when we walk into the interview on Friday.

ketessa,

true! I just wish we had..some idea? I have a coworker that applied to other PA schools, and some of her PA school websites indicate that prospective students will be given behavioral questions. Well, I wish the best of luck to all of us!

Trjen,

Sorry, I'm not available the evening before!

Congrats to everyone who received an interview. My advise: Look professional, yet be comfortable. You will get to talk with/mingle with 1st and 2nd year students in the am at breakfast (Panera). Think ahead about what you want to ask of them (students) to get a feel for the program, study load, classes, housing etc. You will meet all the faculty, get an understanding of the program and it's mission statement. You may be asked to write a few things - simple paragraph type answers (don't freak, just answer whatever comes to mind). You will be divided into groups and rotate. Either group things or interviews. There is a group interview portion and an individual section. There will be 2 faculty members for each interview group. There will be a break for lunch on your own - you can go over to the Mall (DuClaw, Chevy's, Johnny Rockets, Buffalo Wild Wings etc) or pack and eat in the small cafe area.

The worst part is just the not knowing. You will get through. Be positive. Remember - Integrity, Life long Education, Professionalism.

HappyDay, I second what Trjen and Crazy_0618 have already said- he heads-up on what to expect Friday is very much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Trjen, I'm definitely up for getting together the night before, sounds infinitely better than sitting home stressing out about the interview. I'll PM you with my email address and we can work out details. I'd love to meet some of the other hopefuls too if anyone else wants to join us...

Archived