*** Class of 2014 interview!!!

Do not buy the ebook from Xplana! I don't know if that is sold through UW, but it is at some other local community colleges. It is supposed to be available for download & have no time limit on use, but is is only viewable online & access is shut down after a while. Viewing it online sucks because it takes forever for each page to load regardless of your connection or cpu. Just stay away :)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right on, so you guys didn't use all the other items from the package like the access code or other fluff stuff?

The school did not require, nor did I use, the extra stuff to the book package. I used just the book, a highlighter, a semi comfortable chair and decent lighting to get through it all. It did help though that I had just finished using that same book for my pre reqs through community college.

I can't remember which address I used and I apparently didn't save the sheet.

My question: does anyone know the specific starting date of when we all meet in Seattle? June _____?

Also, an equipment list was provided in the acceptance packet, but mine was incomplete. The nice guy at the bookstore gave me a complete one. :)

stethoscope (Littman cardio III was recommended)

otoscope, ophthamaloscope (Welch Allen recommended)

reflex hammer

penlight

BP cuff

2 tuning forks (128 and 512)

eye chart

tape measure

EKG caliper

and a bag to carry all that in, if you so desire.

Only the first and last three were on my included list.

I sent mine to the main MEDEX Seattle address (4311 11th Ave NE) because that's what was on the bottom of the FERPA Release form -- I called today to make sure they received it and they said they processed my deposit today...

I have no idea about the actual on site date, or the start date for the online A&P refresher, for that matter! I figured they'll give us more info once the class selection frenzy settles down. It would be nice to know, though - hopefully it'll help me stop stressing out about how I'm going to find a place to live and move while also taking this online class :)

My thoughts and prayers are with the interviewees in Anchorage today! It is such a crazy day and I hope they are making it through moderately unscathed. Let us all know how it goes and know you are going to spend the next days/weeks questioning every single moment of today. Unfortunately it is just part of the deal. So give yourself a break and look forward to the next step.

Best wishes to you all.

Tawna

From what I've read, they usually go out two weeks in advance....but don't quote me. This site is great but I'm inclined to think that the vast majority of applicants have never heard of it, either that or they tend to go solo into this process. I found the interaction here to be critical in helping me understand the complexities involved in getting into the program so don't be afraid to poke around and ask questions. If you still don't feel like you are getting the answers you need, it is never a bad thing to just pick up the phone and ask Mariah. She has been very helpful in my success and always willing to ask any question that was burning in my mind.

Undoubtedly, you have the same question many others likely have, but you asked it first. Good luck and let us know if you hear anything.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to order the A&P textbook to start reviewing. It's been a few years since A&P for me....... Can someone tell me the title or ISBN of the book we need. I think it's Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology by Martini and Nath, but I wanted to be sure before dropping a bunch of money. Thanks!

Archived