Anyone here using the Free EMR... "Practice Fusion"...???

Anyone here using "Practice Fusion"...???

A critique would be useful... great.

Thanks in advance

Contrarian

That's what we are using. Pros and Cons? Pros: It is free. Cons: They have many bugs that they are working out. It fits best to a PCP type of practice. I have several issues with them that make my day more difficult. The most important one, is my response letters. Since all my new patients are referrals, it is vital that I communicate back to the referring provider. The PF "response letter" option is horrible to use and can take 20 minutes per patient just to fax your note. There are many bells and whistles designed for the PCP that make more difficult for a specialty to use, yet you can not removed them.

They are also continuing to improve and up date. The last two times they "updated" the whole system nation wide went down for most of the day.

I will say, besides being free, they have good support. All my concerns have been attended to by real, English speaking people . . . although they did not resolve the issues.

I'm going to stick with them for now. In a year, if I have the money and if they don't improve, I'm going to switch to Allscripts Myway.

I am a new grad starting at a PCP office next week. They are implementing Practice Fusion on Sept 1 and I have logged in to the practice patients and such to become familiar with the system. I've used probably 8 different EMRs over the past year through clinicals and this certainly isn't the easiest to use but I've seen much worse. Hopefully it will just take some getting used to and as mentioned above, it will continue to be worked on and improved. I'm curious to hear what others think who have used it longer.

Archived