Documentation Templates

Last year the physician group I work for acquired the contract of a smaller ER in the area.  I've started working 1-3 shifts a month there. Our home base has EPIC EMR as well as Dragon Dictation so I'm more than set when I'm at the main campus, however, at the smaller site we have CPSI and have no access to dictation software. I type like a monkey. I love the small town ER, but I absolutely despise documentation there.

I've been looking into a few options and was wondering if anyone has any ideas before I go crazy.

Notedoctors.com.  They are a medical template site, $20 monthly fees. No one at my work has used them. Anyone have any experiece with them?

Dragon Dictation Home Edition: It's only ~$100, but wondering if anyone has used it and how it is for medical jargon?

Thanks!

Your group should place Tsystem T sheets in place for you. They can be scanned into CPSI. You shouldnt have to type notes from scratch. On the other hand you could do what NoteDoctors does on your own for much of what you have to do in a small ED, template a lot of simple things. The reality of Tsystem t sheets is that there is about 40 sheets to use. A bit of work to reproduce but you could see if your group could pay you for producing this for the site. Other thing you could do is print out uncompleted epic templates and use those.

Good luck

G Brothers PAC

• 1 year later...

Archived