Summer 2012 Applicants

• 1 month later...

I applied at the beginning of August...For downstate I'm not sure if it matters to much as to the time you send it as long as you get it in before their due date...however, they do start interviewing the people that sent it in earlier first...send it in asap..i applied there last year and sent it in at the end of oct and still was interviewed...unfortunately did not make the cut...hopefully will this year!

• 4 weeks later...

last year I received a call about an interview in mid-february...however, I sent my app in at the end of oct last year, so im thinking if your app and my app was sent in earlier we should be hearing earlier..they said that they start interviews in january and they wont contact you until after the app deadline...so the wait begins

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've spoken to some people who are in their 1st and 2nd years in Downstate's PA program and theyve told me that they had their interviews early FEBRUARY! I said that's so late (considering that the deadline for the application was Nov. 18)! but they both said they they were early on in the interview process and that there are people in their years (1st and 2nd) who had interviews in APRIL and still got in! My app was in in early October so I hope im in the first batch or so! Good luck to everyone -Post if you hear anything!

I got called for an interview last Thursday (the 19th) and went down yesterday. They said it is just the beginning of the interviews and each interviewee should hear back about 4-6 weeks after the interview. When they call you they will tell you exactly what the process is (if not ask). I sent my application a week before the deadline and they still haven't received my updated transcripts with my last pre-reqs when they called so don't think those are the deciding factors.

Regarding the interview, the only thing you have to prepare is to be yourself!! They just want to know who you are and a bit about your life experiences. Hopefully you know who you are, what you believe in and why you want to go into healthcare.

Good luck everyone and be patient!!

I got called for an interview last Thursday (the 19th) and went down yesterday. They said it is just the beginning of the interviews and each interviewee should hear back about 4-6 weeks after the interview. When they call you they will tell you exactly what the process is (if not ask). I sent my application a week before the deadline and they still haven't received my updated transcripts with my last pre-reqs when they called so don't think those are the deciding factors.

Regarding the interview, the only thing you have to prepare is to be yourself!! They just want to know who you are and a bit about your life experiences. Hopefully you know who you are, what you believe in and why you want to go into healthcare.

Good luck everyone and be patient!!

Archived