UW MEDEX 1st Time Applicant

Hi, 

I'm a first time applicant and I will be applying this next rotation in 2017. My first choice would be to go to UW MEDEX and I'm wondering what my chances are. 

Undergrad: Oregon State University; Major: BioHealth Sciences, all of my pre-reqs are met through my major. Minor in psychology. 

Overall GPA: 3.5; Science GPA: 3.52

HCE: I'm an uncertified paid medical assistant in a ear, nose, throat and allergy clinic. My duties are broad and can go from giving allergy shots, assisting the doctor in procedures, taking vitals and medical histories, translating for spanish speaking patients to finishing patient's charts and sending medications. My hours by the application deadline will be 2000. 

Volunteering: My volunteer experience mainly consists of volunteering at a free medical clinic in my town. I volunteer as a medical assistant, translator for spanish speaking patients, and receptionist. I volunteer at this clinic about three times a month. ~108 hours a year. 

GRE: 150 Verbal, 154 Quantitative, 4 Analytical

Letters of Rec: 

1) The doctor I work for. 

2) My anatomy and physiology professor at OSU. 

3) The dean of pharmacology at OHSU (my previous boss) 

I'm 22 and I am an Oregon resident. I have a history of working as a student researcher at OHSU. 

I also had some other questions along with my chances of getting into UW MEDEX. 

1) How much does the GRE matter for UW MEDEX? 

2) How much does it matter being a non-Washington resident applying to UW MEDEX? 

3) I'm also applying to OHSU, Pacific, and was wondering about my chances there as well. 

Thanks

Archived