2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a Facebook now but the administrator of the group won't let me in...

I think this is exam week so just be patient and I am sure you will be added :)

congrats!

P.S. there will be an open-house this Saturday from 9AM-3PM and a meet-n-greet with current PA students

Come if you are in the area

I have a Facebook now but the administrator of the group won't let me in...

congrats!

P.S. there will be an open-house this Saturday from 9AM-3PM and a meet-n-greet with current PA students

congrats!

Thank you so much..sorry to be so antsy. I feel so behind because I haven't found a place to live or gotten my financial aid done.

I wish I was able to come down but I live in Alabama. It's quite a drive. Thanks again for the heads up though!

congrats!

Thank you so much..sorry to be so antsy. I feel so behind because I haven't found a place to live or gotten my financial aid done.

I wish I was able to come down but I live in Alabama. It's quite a drive. Thanks again for the heads up though!

no worries :)

Listen, if I was you I would definitely start looking for a place

Most of the apartment/condo complexes have 90% + occupancy

Also, look into student housing

Good Luck!

See you in May

Good Luck!

See you in May

I spoke to someone there today and they confirmed that all their seats are full for now. They are making two groups: an "accept-hold" group and an "alternate list". I was told that the accept-hold group were students they will offer an acceptance to when spots become available. They said there are 23 students in this group as of now. They said the alternate list gets pulled from if they get through the accept-hold list. I was told that no one came off the alternate list last year. They will hold another review in the beginning of March (after they finish interviewing) to prioritize the accept-hold group and they will tell us our number.

This method seems kinda strange to me, since essentially they are making two waitlists. But I figured I'd share the information for those of you in the grey area...

Last year we didnt have an accept-hold. This year another Professor is in charge of the admissions process so the accept-hold is probable a new thing. I can tell you that a couple of my classmates were pulled off the alernate list last year so I'm not sure where that miscommunication came from. Also, about 1/3 of my class had applied the year before and did not end up making it but were accepted right away for this year. Hope this gives some hope to those frustrated out. Don't give up!!! :)

I spoke to someone there today and they confirmed that all their seats are full for now. They are making two groups: an "accept-hold" group and an "alternate list". I was told that the accept-hold group were students they will offer an acceptance to when spots become available. They said there are 23 students in this group as of now. They said the alternate list gets pulled from if they get through the accept-hold list. I was told that no one came off the alternate list last year. They will hold another review in the beginning of March (after they finish interviewing) to prioritize the accept-hold group and they will tell us our number.

This method seems kinda strange to me, since essentially they are making two waitlists. But I figured I'd share the information for those of you in the grey area...

Last year we didnt have an accept-hold. This year another Professor is in charge of the admissions process so the accept-hold is probable a new thing. I can tell you that a couple of my classmates were pulled off the alernate list last year so I'm not sure where that miscommunication came from. Also, about 1/3 of my class had applied the year before and did not end up making it but were accepted right away for this year. Hope this gives some hope to those frustrated out. Don't give up!!! :)

What do you mean by "the administrator of the group wont let me in"? They have been accepting all requests. Sometimes it takes a day or two for the request to go through.

I didnt mean anything bad by it. Not like they're telling me they won't accept me into the group. Just that they haven't yet..

What do you mean by "the administrator of the group wont let me in"? They have been accepting all requests. Sometimes it takes a day or two for the request to go through.

I didnt mean anything bad by it. Not like they're telling me they won't accept me into the group. Just that they haven't yet..

Good Luck!

See you in May

Thank you for the info. I know I definitely need to get going.

Good Luck!

See you in May

Thank you for the info. I know I definitely need to get going.

For those of you on the waitlist, dont give up hope! I withdrew today, so there's at least one seat open.....

For those of you on the waitlist, dont give up hope! I withdrew today, so there's at least one seat open.....

I actually called about a week or two ago to inquire about the status of my application. I said I thought that the class was already full and I just wanted to receive some feedback so I could potentially reapply next year. To my surprise, I was told that I was still being reviewed by the admissions committee and I could still be offered an interview for this year. So I guess we got to continue to be patient!

I actually called about a week or two ago to inquire about the status of my application. I said I thought that the class was already full and I just wanted to receive some feedback so I could potentially reapply next year. To my surprise, I was told that I was still being reviewed by the admissions committee and I could still be offered an interview for this year. So I guess we got to continue to be patient!

What that most likely means is they are not rejecting people until they know that their class is 100% full and that they have enough people to take their spots if someone drops before classes start. It's nice to hear "still reviewing", but at this point, if you have not received an interview yet, I wouldn't get your hopes up. It is unlikely they are still interviewing when classes start in about 6 weeks. I'm in the same boat, it sucks, but it's part of the PA school game. I've yet to be rejected from schools that have already started, it really sucks, but unfortunately it's how a lot of schools operate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived