Interview Questions

I am in finished applying to schools and now waiting for interview invites... I was hoping that those of you who are already in programs, or have been recently accepted would be willing to share with me some of the questions asked in your interviews. I have applied to UK, Baylor and Trevecca, but would appreciate comments from students and interviewers at any program. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

I am in finished applying to schools and now waiting for interview invites... I was hoping that those of you who are already in programs, or have been recently accepted would be willing to share with me some of the questions asked in your interviews. I have applied to UK, Baylor and Trevecca, but would appreciate comments from students and interviewers at any program. Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Architect's don't use 1" = 10', engineers do. :) A more appropriate scale would be 1/4" or 1/8" = 1'-0" that an architect would use in general. However, given the task at hand, the metric system would likely be a better choice with likely micrometers (10^-6) or nanometers (10^-9) being an appropriate scale factor, for clarity.

Had to do it.

Rich

Architect's don't use 1" = 10', engineers do. :) A more appropriate scale would be 1/4" or 1/8" = 1'-0" that an architect would use in general. However, given the task at hand, the metric system would likely be a better choice with likely micrometers (10^-6) or nanometers (10^-9) being an appropriate scale factor, for clarity.

Had to do it.

Rich

He's waiting for interviews and yet his profile says PA Student. Huh. Buuuuuut, since we are on the topic of asking for things you're not supposed to have just dished out to you, I could use some extra cash. ayresae, can I have your Bank name, routing number and debit card PIN? I just want to have it on hand in case of an emergency, I SWEAR.

OK, in all fairness. Here's a question you can expect at an interview:

An astronaut leaves the planet traveling at 90% the speed of light. 1 month after he leaves his wife sends him a message that she is pregnant, the message is traveling AT the speed of light. Now, according to the theory of relativity, How old will he be when the message reaches him? How old will his child be when it reaches him? Also, if he turns around IMMEDIATELY up on receiving the message and returns home AT the speed of light, how old will he be when he meets his child? How old will the child be?

Ready.......GO!

He's waiting for interviews and yet his profile says PA Student. Huh. Buuuuuut, since we are on the topic of asking for things you're not supposed to have just dished out to you, I could use some extra cash. ayresae, can I have your Bank name, routing number and debit card PIN? I just want to have it on hand in case of an emergency, I SWEAR.

An astronaut leaves the planet traveling at 90% the speed of light. 1 month after he leaves his wife sends him a message that she is pregnant, the message is traveling AT the speed of light. Now, according to the theory of relativity, How old will he be when the message reaches him? How old will his child be when it reaches him? Also, if he turns around IMMEDIATELY up on receiving the message and returns home AT the speed of light, how old will he be when he meets his child? How old will the child be?

Ready.......GO!

Ready.......GO!

I'll bite. I don't get it. :D I'm sitting here thinking he left the planet, he can't get text messages.

Ready.......GO!

I'll bite. I don't get it. :D I'm sitting here thinking he left the planet, he can't get text messages.

I didn't say he got a text message...... There are other ways of sending messages into space...... I guess this generation automatically thinks of texting when a topic like this comes up LOL. :)

If I remember my physics class correctly, since he is the one traveling at the speed of light, he will age according to his perception of his time spent in space. If he were gone for 2 years, assuming the message took 1 year to reach him, he turned around immediately and it took him 1 year to return traveling at the speed of light, then he would only be 2 years older than when he left. But his daughter will be somewhere around 80 years old according to earth time. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I have had to dig out those physics cobwebs in this brain of mine.

Archived