Revision #12 Done: Any and all critiques are appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Nice job. Upon quick reading I only found one error. When you say " I was sponge for my doctors and PA’s..." the error is that PA's would be Physician's Assistant. The proper term would be PAs without the apostrophe as the 's indicates a sense of possessiveness. This not the case for a PA. PAs can be largely independent medical providers although they are supervised by a physician this does not mean that the supervising physician owns or possesses them.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I may be beating a dead horse, as your wife trumps me (as she should) but both Yakima and Spokane are desert. I stayed in a very nice, new, three bedroom duplex with a two car garage, fenced yard, landscaping as part of the cost, in a neighborhood 3 miles from school that was safe and you could walk to the grocery store for 950/month. I had a couple of roommates so it made it very affordable.

yes, I'm talking about UW/MEDEX again. They value experience far more than GPA. You need to be smart but life experience carries a lot of weight. Put the pitch to her.. maybe she'll soften over time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rich! I just wanted to tell you that I wish you the best of luck! You have an awesome story, and I am so glad your wife is now on board for you to apply to MEDEX. I am also applying there, to the Seattle campus. You will be a wonderful PA someday, don't give up hope! Take care!

Gina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great essay ! I got a question though ! How are the medics planning on showing the medic duties as healthcare hours ? I mean is there some paperwork which calculates hours ? I have been in 4 years , time to get out and apply to pa school , but other than my regular medic duties I dont have any other experience . I just concentrated on my B.S. Biotech , finished it , now , I hear about this health care experience ... how do i go about that ? any help?

PM Inbound

my bacgelor degree GPA is 2.31 and science GPA for pre-reqs is 4.0, but my overall GOA combining BA and psot-BA degree is still not reaching 3.0 yet. I wonder whether taking more science coures matters or not if some schools just focus on your BA GPA.

I think when you hit the 3.0 you will find you get some interviews. If you could get a LOR from a PA instead of just docs I think that would help, and apply to programs that love military/high amounts of HCE. I recommend applying at University of Utah and UW MEDEX next round. I'm not from either state but got interviews at both (didn't go to Utah though) and my cum. GPA wasn't much above what yours will be next cycle and I had less HCE. They both focus on military with high HCE.

Archived