They're at it again...

Let's focus.

Anyone got information suggesting this was posted on "an NP forum"?

Because right now what I see is an honest admission by a member participating in this thread that they assumed it was an NP and also posted on an NP forum followed by an admission that the status of the poster is unknown.

PS - I think OP suggested it was from Linkedin...

This is kinda the point.

Maybe you guys are too far gone to get it.

This seems to be degenerating into a cat fight. No winners to be had.

Posted a simple question to why there is so much animosity to PAs when in fact, the law they are trying to pass has nothing to do with PAs...yet a very strong pro-NP dragged the PA profession in and dogged it out for no reason. 

Let's focus.

Anyone got information suggesting this was posted on "an NP forum"?

PS - I think OP suggested it was from Linkedin...

This is kinda the point.

Maybe you guys are too far gone to get it.

Guess you did not read my response to your post. This was taken from the American Association of Nurse Practitioners' FB website. So yes, an NP forum.

I started on LinkedIn and noticed American Academy of Physician Assistants has changed to American Academy of PAs....went to FB to confirm the change. From there, I went to AANP to see if they substituted their full name to NP too and ended up clicking on one of their new laws. THAT comment was the FIRST comment noticed. 

Being caught off guard, I was wondering why that poster had to DRAG the PA profession when the original law had nothing to do with PAs....that was my point.

...let this thread die because it has went off on a tangent. 

I could argue that isn't a "forum" in the sense that sas5814 meant, but broadly speaking anything is a forum if three people discuss it, so I won't.

My point is, of course, that there is an example of an individual in here who immediately assumed that this was an NP who posted this.  Found one who admitted it, there are more, and there will be more because this thread will exist forever.

That is exactly why pulling garbage from unverified internet sources and slandering them across other forums in an attempt to stir up a hornet's nest is inappropriate.

The question you asked, plus the subject line, whether innocent or not, is leading and unnecessarily inflammatory.  If you want to call me out for coming in here, look at the posters.  Many of the vocal and overtly anti-NP posters that populate the forum managed to find their way in here.

unnecessarily inflammatory.

What do you think is an appropriate level of inflammation toward a profession that has an extremely well-documented history of animosity toward my profession? Tell me how you balance this out in your scale of justice and tell me who the real jerk is:

1. It is well documented that historically the nursing profession spent a ton of time and effort creating a hassle for my profession to even exist in many jurisdictions.

2, A few people here had some well-justified fun at their expense with no tangible harm done to their profession.

I'm not sure why your knickers are in such a twist

db_pavnp-- you admitted in another thread that you are currently studying to become an RN. I know you are very insecure right now with how NPs are being portrayed because it is your future goal to become one, but please realize that no one on here has become anti-NP overnight for no good reason. We all have a bigger dog in this fight than you do because we have seen discrimination against PAs by NP legislation for years. It has impacted how we are to practice medicine and for some of us-- financially. So, why wouldn't we be against any and all slander against our profession? It impacts us-- RIGHT NOW.

Archived