Senior year Research Project for CASPA?

My senior year for my undergrad, I was required to take a "Capstone" Research class. In which a team of classmates and I would create a research hypothesis, take in data, and put together a research paper. The statistical analysis and results were also put together not only in a paper but publicized within the college and explained to the public willing to learn about it.

Now I assume that this would be fit to be put into CASPA as research work, but how am I supposed to answer the following in the CASPA applic....

Employee name

Supervisor

Accrued Hours

etc....

For those of you that filled this out already. Any suggestions? Also, perhaps im wrong about the research paper being applicable. Is this section more for people who have started and publicized in magazines their individual research?

hmmm..since it is a course it is a little more difficult. but considering that the first question is employee name i do not think this research would apply for what they are looking for. i am currently doing research w/ a professor and getting paid for it by the school so the school is my employer. since you were required to do it for a course i dont think it would be correct to put in the research section.

im sure that the research that guys did was important but maybe you can find another section to put it in.

Looking under the instructions for that section on the CASPA faqs it states:

"RESEARCH:

research work you performed OUTSIDE of work you received credit for on your academic transcripts"

It seems to me that if its a class, it would go with your coursework and no where else. But yes, give them a call.

Looking under the instructions for that section on the CASPA faqs it states:

"RESEARCH:

research work you performed OUTSIDE of work you received credit for on your academic transcripts"

It seems to me that if its a class, it would go with your coursework and no where else. But yes, give them a call.

Most definitely this should NOT be listed in CASPA as research. I did microbiology experiments in Micro lab that involved public surfaces, that doesn't mean I did public health work.

Archived