Application deadlines and CASPA submission

From what I read here, it seems CASPA takes several weeks to verify applications and send them out after one submits them. I'm plan to apply to a few schools with Sept 1 deadline and still am putting together my app. I know one should apply early, but if I end up submitting my app around mid-Aug, will the Sept 1 deadline schools still consider my app since I submit it before Sept 1?

Essentially, I'm trying to understand whether their deadlines refer to when the schools stop taking in app from CASPA or refers to when I submit the app to CASPA?

Thank you.

Here's where it would help to read the CASPA instructions:

• Q: What is a deadline?

A: Individual deadlines are determined by the Physician Assistant programs, NOT by CASPA. Each program interprets its deadline differently; some schools want your application e-submitted by the deadline, in which case once the online application is turned in you have fulfilled the deadline. Others want it completed online, which means that CASPA has received all of your transcripts, your fee payment, and two of your references in addition to having submitted your application. Finally, some schools want the application mailed, which can take up to FOUR WEEKS from the completion date. You should contact the programs to which you are applying to determine how they define their deadline date. It is the applicant’s responsibility to research each program they wish to apply to before submitting their application.

So, depending on your school, submitting by Sept 1 may be OK, but if they want your app on their desk by 9/1, you need to have everything in to CASPA including all supporting documents prior to Aug 1.

I strongly recommend you review the rest of these FAQs. The number one reason why people screw up their CASPA app is they didn't read them in full.

Archived