"Supervise 30 Physician Assistants"...

So I came across this ad for a doc at Montefiore Medical Center and one of the requirements was for one physician to supervise not one, two, or three but THIRTY PAs. Not sure what to think of it really. I wonder how that works tho; anyone have any insight on this?

Here's the link btw: http://www.jobfox.com/Web/Seeker/Landing/AppJobDetails.aspx?AppJobId=f71dbb0a-6e44-46ca-945c-fce8ec9d056b&source=simplyhired150

So I came across this ad for a doc at Montefiore Medical Center and one of the requirements was for one physician to supervise not one, two, or three but THIRTY PAs. Not sure what to think of it really. I wonder how that works tho; anyone have any insight on this?

Here's the link btw: http://www.jobfox.com/Web/Seeker/Landing/AppJobDetails.aspx?AppJobId=f71dbb0a-6e44-46ca-945c-fce8ec9d056b&source=simplyhired150

Montefiore has several hundred PAs. If I remember correctly they are structured in various groups with a supervisory PA and physician over each group. This looks like the supervisory physician for EM. For what its worth when I did EM there were 160 physicians on my secondary physician list. So technically each doc was "supervising" something like 100 PAs. Never more than 2-3 at a time though.

we have 40 docs and 15 pa's in our group. all 40 docs are alternate supervisors for all 15 pa's but no doc is officially the sp of record for more than 3 pa's.

probably similar situation there. each of our docs could say they supervise 15 pa's(and they do) but on paper they only have a few each or none at all.

Archived