A non-clincial PA jobs

I'm not sure I understand the question. PA is essentially, fundamentally a clinical job. I'm sure there are PAs out there who no longer practice, and possibly some of them work in areas like medical device sales or insurance or legal review... but those areas are probably better approached some other way than being a PA.

PAs practice medicine. If you don't want to practice medicine, don't become a PA. An MD has a lot of flexibility as far as career paths after earning the degree; I don't believe PA has that same flexibility.

Academia is the first thing that comes to mind. However a PA is an attractive candidate for any non-clinical position where precious healthcare experience would be valuable. That could be information systems, legal, research, healthcare management, etc. Yes PA is traditionally a clinical role, but so is MD and RN. It's just a matter of selling your experience and not being afraid to be told no. Doctorate degrees also help if you have the time and the means.

• 2 weeks later...

They are out there, but few and far between. I interviewed for a research assistant/coordinator job that required an RN or higher degree. Some pharma or biotech companies will hire PAs as clinical trial staff. 

Like mentioned above, the MD degree really affords you the most options. It's instant credibility. If you go to dropoutclub.org, all the jobs there are in investing and biotech/pharma ventures and require an MD or PhD. 

Also check out nonclinicaljobs.com.

Again, they exist, but are rare for PAs.

You can definitely work in non - clinical positions and sometimes even end up earning higher salaries than a practicing PA .

1. Working in Healthcare Informatics Department  

You can serve hospitals as well companies like EPIC and McKesson .

2. You can apply for administrative jobs in Clinical section at higher level. I knew one person has been made a Chief of Vision in a VA Systems at Chicago 

3. Wise suggestion is to complement your PA with Masters in Health Administration or MBA , that will increase your salary level.

4. Last but not least , you can contribute a lot in Medical Research and you can join any specialty group ranging from cardio vascular to orthopedics.

Archived