New grad Urgent Care offer

I just received an offer for an UC position and am wondering what the average new grad should expect to be able to handle as far as patient load. During the interview I was able to take a look at their numbers and each provider sees an average of 24 patients during each 12 hour shift. Also would appreciate any input on the offer itself...

$88k with $5k sign-on bonus and possibility of 5% bonus based on chart review quality, which would be graded by my SP (clinic employee, not owner).

Three 12-hour shifts, one of which is a weekend day. Other than one weekend day, the schedule is flexible.

CME = $2000 + one week

Two weeks paid vacation

Good health benefits with major system

Still waiting to hear back about malpractice and tail but I expect those will be paid as well.

I will add that the location is in the NW and is ideal, with a fairly low cost of living.

Like I said. Great opportunity for a new grad. I'd be looking for a salary jump of 10K after 1 year if you can, but then again you are only working 36 hours a week. On the other hand many UC people I know got stuck staying late to do charts or last minute walk ins. I'd try to get the raise after a year. I'd try to get 3 weeks of vacation now. Then I'd start working per diem in ER after maybe 6 months so you have a solid base to take another job if they don't give you a raise in a year.

• 2 weeks later...

That does sound like a lot of patients for a new grad. 

If anybody has 2 years experience in an ER or UC, please let me know. Our company has multiple openings for great PA's! Here is what we offer. Please use this information to compare against to ensure you are getting all that you deserve. Thanks for what you do!

$60 per hour

Incentive bonuses awarded to efficient providers based on productivity and quality standards

W2 employee

10 days of vacation

6 sick days

3 days paid to attend annual CME

CME expenses reimbursed up to $2,000

Malpractice (1 million/3 million) and tail insurance

Medical, Dental, and Vision provided

Workers Comp insurance and group disability insurance

California license, DEA renewal fees reimbursed

401(k)

• 3 weeks later...

That does sound like a lot of patients for a new grad. 

If anybody has 2 years experience in an ER or UC, please let me know. Our company has multiple openings for great PA's! Here is what we offer. Please use this information to compare against to ensure you are getting all that you deserve. Thanks for what you do!

$60 per hour

Incentive bonuses awarded to efficient providers based on productivity and quality standards

W2 employee

10 days of vacation

6 sick days

3 days paid to attend annual CME

CME expenses reimbursed up to $2,000

Malpractice (1 million/3 million) and tail insurance

Medical, Dental, and Vision provided

Workers Comp insurance and group disability insurance

California license, DEA renewal fees reimbursed

401(k)

Where in CA are you located? Is this for UC or another setting?

Archived