Probation Status and Accepting a Seat for Class of 2018

Now that I've been offered a seat in the class, I am starting to think more about the probation status of the program. This program is my top choice, and I know it has great faculty and excellent PANCE scores. When I interviewed last week, they said that the probation was due to more of a "paperwork issue" because of an "older database system that didn't properly reflect the program's stats in certain areas." They then assured us that they bought a new system and the issue should be rectified when they are up for review again in March. But, if it's not and the program is not granted continued accreditation, what would we do if we already accepted a seat in the program and thus, turned down all others already? Anybody have any thoughts or Info. on this issue?

It's really not an issue. I can verify with faculty, but we have been assured that current students will graduate with accreditation and ability to be licensed and certified PAs. It's a paperwork issue, and it should be all squared away. We've got great faculty and great PANCE scores. That said, I'm sure someone else would love your spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really not an issue. I can verify with faculty, but we have been assured that current students will graduate with accreditation and ability to be licensed and certified PAs. It's a paperwork issue, and it should be all squared away. We've got great faculty and great PANCE scores. That said, I'm sure someone else would love your spot!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response, though I don't think your condescending last sentence was necessary. As a "current" student, I'm sure you can relate with concerns of applying students since you were once in our shoes and you know just how hard it is to earn a spot into a PA program and make a choice of which to attend and thus, why someone might be concerned with choosing a program on probation. Since I'm not a "current" student, I thought newly accepted students may face the possibility of the program having accreditation withdrawn and thus, wouldn't have the same ability to sit for boards, etc. Atleast, that's what I thought when I posted but it seems like that reasoning is extreme and the program just had a minor paperwork hiccup. Nova Orlando is my Top choice And I now understand that everything should be cleared up by March. It is seeming more and more like a "non issue," which is comforting. Thank you for reassuring that in your post! I will definitely be accepting my spot and "someone else" can earn there's in the same manner I did.

Sorry if I mistook it as condescending. Sometimes that's the problem with online means of communication, thus my apologies as well for misinterpreting what you wrote. I really do want to attend the program and that's why I expressed the concern, and I DO appreciate your response.

I paid my deposit already and am extremely excited to start next year as I have the utmost confidence in this program. Nova Orlando is not the only program to be assigned a probationary status by the ARC and it certainly won't be the last. As you mentioned previously, it was a mere record keeping issue with the clinical hours one year and the problem has since been resolved. Regardless, it will not affect our ability to sit for the PANCE and become a licensed PA. Additionally, I feel positive that the status will be lifted come March.

Archived