LECOM APAP chances (former DO acceptance)

Please help me APAP students/alum

What are the chances of getting into the APAP program for someone that was accepted to DO school back in the day but decided to go to PA school instead? Since then I have gotten great experience and I have a pretty good GPA (3.7ish) from undergrad. Are my chances totally runied becaues I turned down an acceptance to DO school before? I've searched on SDN and one of the mods (that is a DO school professor) said that reapplying after a previous acceptance is a "kiss of death". Hopefully PA experience is good enough to make up for that?

I think your situation is different from the usual declined acceptance. You should call Dr Kauffman and ask to discuss your particular situation.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hi primadonna!

I've been looking at some of your posts and I know you completed the APAP program and are currently a resident. Would it be possible for you to send me Dr Kauffman's email? I'd really like to talk to the program director but I dont have their contact info.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be searchable on the website

I got it! Btw I saw that you posted in another thread that you felt that your DO rotations were kind of "boring" because your rotations in PA school were better. Weren't the DO rotations still much more stressful because you have to study for shelf exams?

The shelf exams were just not that hard. I studied high points for each one but the one I studied for the most (ob) I scored the lowest and the other ones that I took cold (FM, IM, surgery) I utterly smashed. Experience counts for a lot. At that point I had more than 13 years experience making treatment decisions which is what those exams are about. For that matter I rocked step 2 and step 3 barely studying too lol. Step 1 is the killer that I HAD TO study for...a lot.

Archived