pa program 2015-2016 applicants

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The waiting game is definitely not easy.  I am speaking from experience. 

If you don't hear anything by the end of April, you can assume that you did not get in.  I do not believe that they send out rejection letters, but I may be wrong.  This year was a new interview format so maybe they changed how/when they notify people as well. 

I don't think it's right that they keep people waiting but unfortunately that's the way it is at some places. 

If you are really concerned because of other offers, you can send Cheryl an email and ask for an update on your status. I would hope that she would get back with you in timely manner.

The waiting game is definitely not easy.  I am speaking from experience. 

If you don't hear anything by the end of April, you can assume that you did not get in.  I do not believe that they send out rejection letters, but I may be wrong.  This year was a new interview format so maybe they changed how/when they notify people as well. 

I don't think it's right that they keep people waiting but unfortunately that's the way it is at some places. 

If you are really concerned because of other offers, you can send Cheryl an email and ask for an update on your status. I would hope that she would get back with you in timely manner.

That is very surprising that they do not notify you of a rejection...

I sent an email to "paprograms@tri-c.edu" and was told to wait until the end of April. That was in March... I don't want to bother them too much.

Do they have a waitlist? Have there only been two interviews then? It seems like a lot of people have been accepted so far.

None for me.

I'd be curious to know how many people are on the facebook group (therefore how many people have already been accepted to the program). Anyone?

Right now there are 14 members on the FB group. I believe the class this year is supposed to have 38 students. 

So not everybody who applied/got accepted are on this forum- so they may not know about the Facebook page. Also some may not care to post on the forum or join the Facebook group ,So I would not base available seats on Facebook membership.

Stay positive everyone!

I just received an email from Nicole Mitchell (via the Typhon Group).  It is a legitimate email.  Apparently Typhon is a company that does a lot of tracking (patient logs, rotation schedules, curriculum mapping, etc) for different healthcare programs (anesthesia, nursing, PA, etc).  If you Google them, you will find their website.

I wonder if this is the first of many additional fees that we will be finding out about during this process????!!!!  I didn't realize that we have to pay $80 for this. 

FYI...Nicole works in the PA Program at Tri-C.  We all met her the day we interviewed.  She is acting as the Interim Program Director.  The previous Director, Craig Meyers (sp?), stepped down.  We also met him at our interview.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone had questions.

Still crossing my fingers for those of you that haven't heard anything yet.

Hi ADP,

I don't know anything about the alternate list.  Sorry. 

But I'm guessing it is legitimate.  I know there are some people that are finishing up the last of the prerequisites and have to submit grades at the end of the semester. If those people don't get the grade(s) they need, then potential spaces could open in May and that list could be what they use to determine who gets those seats....if there are any available.

Sorry....I wish I had more to tell you.

DejaBlu you have the experience applying. Is the alternate list real or is everybody who did not get in put on the list?

In my email I asked if we could know our place on the list and they said they were not able to disclose our rankings, looks like its a waiting game for us now!

• 2 weeks later...

Someone I know got a rejection email from Tri-C last week.  Lucky for her she also got offered a seat at Toledo.

Apparently Tri-C is sending rejection emails out. 

when did you friend get offered a seat at Toledo? because I am also applying there and have not heard from them either.

DejaBlu,

Hi! I am just curious if you know what/if there is anything we should be doing after being accepted? I feel like I'm in limbo and have emailed asking about things already and don't want to be a bother. I got the Typhon email as well, and am fully registered there, but I just wanted to know if there is anything else I should be doing. Not sure how the process goes there.

Thanks!

Hi LexAndria22,

I wish I had more information to share with you.  I don't know anything.  I would like to know when we're able to start registering for classes.  I know we have an orientation on August 5 but that's all I know.

Have you joined our group's Facebook page yet?  It's a closed group so you have to request to be part of it.  It's Tri-C/CSU Physician Assistant Program Class of 2018 if you're searching for it.  There may even be a link in one of these threads in this forum.  People post the most recent updates on the Facebook page so you should join it.

Have a great weekend!

Archived