pa program 2015-2016 applicants

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do u know who to contact for pa program. Do u know the name of program coordinator ? And do they prefer there own state students?as I applied from illinois. Do they have rolling admissions?

The program coordinator is Craig Myers and the program assistant is Belinda Wiggins. I assume they prefer local applicants, but we have a pretty diverse class. Deadline is August and they won't start doing interviews until early spring, so don't worry about rolling admissions. Good luck, PM me if you have any questions.

The program coordinator is Craig Meyers and the program assistant is Belinda Wiggins. I assume they prefer local applicants, but we have a pretty diverse class. Deadline is August and they won't start doing interviews until early spring, so don't worry about rolling admissions. Good luck, PM me if you have any questions.

Was the deadline August or September

• 4 weeks later...

They do not have rolling admissions here.  If you don't make the cut, then you have to wait again until next year and start the entire process over again.  They usually start contacting people about interviews in mid-January.

The deadline for application was September 1st. 

To give everyone a better understand of their timeline, a new class starts every August and a class graduates in December.  Knowing this, you can see that they are very busy at the start and end of the semester, which is why they do not contact anyone until after winter break in January.  Even though they have all the applications as of Sept. 1st, it takes them a while to review them because of everything that is going on.  I hope this will help alleviate some stress for people if they start worrying about not being contacted before the end of the year.

The official email address for inquiries is:  PAPrograms@tri-c.edu   This is the best way to contact the program so the emails do not get mixed in with general work emails for Mr. Myers or Ms. Wiggins.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

I got an invite as well. I sadly must decline because I already have my seat at two programs, and I gave up my seat at another. I am broke, so I can't travel here. But it would have been nice to see what they are all about cuz this program is very affordable. I wanna send everyone great vibes bc this program seems great

Do you know how many people they interview and accept?

A group of my classmates and I noticed that the majority of the applicants we saw during our interview days are currently part of our cohort, meaning we didn't see many people who interviewed and didn't get accepted. I would assume they don't send out a ton of interview invites if it's anything like the last cycle, but that's just an assumption. Consider yourself at good odds, but you still have to give it all you got come interview time... Good luck!

Yes. It's a partnership between Tri-C and CSU. Tri-C is a community college and awards students with the PA certificate, it cannot award a master's degree. That's where CSU comes in. You take PA classes at Tri-C in the morning/afternoon, and upper division classes at CSU in the evening. Tri-C awards PA certificate, CSU awards MSHS degree. The program used to be completely at Tri-C until the state and the nation started requiring PAs to have a master's degree to practice.

Yes. It's a partnership between Tri-C and CSU. Tri-C is a community college and awards students with the PA certificate, it cannot award a master's degree. That's where CSU comes in. You take PA classes at Tri-C in the morning/afternoon, and upper division classes at CSU in the evening. Tri-C awards PA certificate, CSU awards MSHS degree. The program used to be completely at Tri-C until the state and the nation started requiring PAs to have a master's degree to practice.

Thanks for the info!

Can you give an example of the hours of your schedule during the week?

Thanks!

Archived