pa program 2015-2016 applicants

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend lived at Bingham, she loved it and her apartment was very nice, but also pricy. You might try to stick to the Westside since many of your classes will be in Parma or downtown at CSU. There are lots of nice communities on the Westside.

I agree with Jk73.  You probably want to stick with something on the West side (Parma, Parma Hts., Middleburg Hts., Berea, Brook Park) since the Tri-C campus is in Parma.  Those locations are the closest to campus and I have a feeling we're going to be spending a LOT of time there.  LOL

Downtown is great and they have really cool places but they are expensive.   Downtown is also a lot farther away from Tri-C. 

I live in Berea and depending on traffic/construction it can take me anywhere between 15-35 minutes to get to campus.

thanks jaylee -  you are probably right. I just find it strange that they made decisions on some of the interviewees and have accepted them already. Hopefully it won't be too much longer! Does anyone know how many they interview versus how many they accept?

I am in the same position, the process seems weird and it is taking too long of a time (from application to interview invite to making decisions). I have committed to another program. I wish those waiting all the best.

Kayla MB,

at my interview they said the class will be 38 this year with about 80 interviews.  Good luck!

I was pondering the numbers.  Actually, we had nine interview stations and they just had us all, at once, and go to a predetermined one of those nine stations.  No one was stacked up waiting for a station interview at the beginning.  So, that means, the 10:30 am slot was only nine people being interviewed.  And, there was a slot before us, 9:30 am slot I presume, and the same nine stations.  By my count, 18 people were interviewed today.  

Unless the February 19th interview day was dramatically different (three or more interview groups for example) they only interviewed 18 that day as well.  That would be a total of 36 people interviewed.

Am I missing something?

I didn't see any other interview dates posted other than February 19th and March 18th.  Any insight from anyone that differs from my analysis above?

To all that interviewed and that have not heard anything yet, I wish the best of luck and keep patient. We all look good on paper and they may be trying to figure if the seats would mesh well. Some of the interviewers are practicing PAs and they need to organize schedules to talk about applicants. Keep patient. Best things are worth waiting for, I interviewed yesterday and am waiting to hear back also.

I was pondering the numbers.  Actually, we had nine interview stations and they just had us all, at once, and go to a predetermined one of those nine stations.  No one was stacked up waiting for a station interview at the beginning.  So, that means, the 10:30 am slot was only nine people being interviewed.  And, there was a slot before us, 9:30 am slot I presume, and the same nine stations.  By my count, 18 people were interviewed today.  

Unless the February 19th interview day was dramatically different (three or more interview groups for example) they only interviewed 18 that day as well.  That would be a total of 36 people interviewed.

Am I missing something?

I didn't see any other interview dates posted other than February 19th and March 18th.  Any insight from anyone that differs from my analysis above?

Thanks for the info. I do believe there was an 8:30 am also on the Feb. 19th interview making 27 people at that interview day. I'm not sure about Mar. 18th though. 

I too haven't heard if there is a third interview cycle. 

Thanks for the info. I do believe there was an 8:30 am also on the Feb. 19th interview making 27 people at that interview day. I'm not sure about Mar. 18th though. 

I too haven't heard if there is a third interview cycle. 

Right.  Assuming three interview days (Which no one on this message board has posted about any other days other than March 18th and February 19th)  27*3 does get you to the right number of 80 people being interviewed according to the other poster above.  

I find it unlikely that an entire interview date occurred or is scheduled to occur and not a single person from that 27 person interview group has seen this message board and posted something.  But, it could happen. 

Hi Everyone,

I was in the first round of interviews in February.  I was in the 8:30 a.m. group.  We had 8 interview stations and had 7 minutes for each station.  I know there were two groups in the morning.  I don't know if there were any in the afternoon.

They told us that they would be interviewing between 60-80 people and accepting 38.

I interviewed on that Friday and got an acceptance email on the following Thursday.  So for those of you who interviewed on 3/18, be patient.  If they follow the same format, you should hear something by the end of this coming week. 

They need to make their decisions quickly because the people from the 3/18 interviews need time to get their background checks and transcripts sent in.  All of that has to be reviewed before the final class roster can be decided.  Believe it or not, some people will not pass the background check.

Hope this info helps!

Congratulations olumide007!!!  I know the application process involves A LOT of waiting and anxiety.  I wish they would change it.  Maybe once we're in the program we'll be able to offer suggestions.  LOL.  Something as simple as putting a timeline on their website would alleviate a lot of stress for people.

On a side note, the Cleveland State open house is Saturday, April 2nd from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.  You'll be notified about that once you get your regular CSU and your Graduate CSU applications submitted.

Thank you Dejablu. I am grateful but I have that little bit of anger in me for their not so good admission process. If I look back at the money spent on plane tickets, hotels and seats deposits paid into other programs, in the bid that I was waiting for Tri C, those expenses really didn't sit well with me. The program is obviously cheap and it is in Ohio (no need for an extra expense in terms of relocating). I wish everyone still waiting all the best. I am still not certain if I will accept the admission.

I completely understand olumide007.  I wish they were a little more timely in their process. 

I have a feeling that since spots in PA programs are very competitive that a lot of schools are OK if students withdraw their application because there are 10+ waiting to take their spot.  I'm not saying that's what Tri-C is doing but it's the reality of the academics.  It's like that in med school and dental school too.  :-(

Don't let your anger make the decision for you.  Tri-C is a good program and it's relatively inexpensive compared to the $70K+ programs out there.  You can get by with a minimum of loans if you accept the seat at Tri-C.

Congrats to olumide007, vaughakl, and Jaylee!!!! 

For those who are newly accepted, you will be getting an email from Tri-C with instructions.  Jump on those right away.  Get your background check done ASAP. 

If you haven't already done so, apply to CSU and apply to their graduate program.  Yes, you have to apply with them twice. BUT, you don't have to pay the $30 fee.  Just check the box that says you will mail in a check.

Also, you have to send 3 copies of each transcript.  I suggest getting those going as soon as you can!

1. Tri-C - admissions office

2. Tri-C - to the PA Program specifically

3. CSU graduate program

As I mentioned above, the CSU open house is Saturday, April 2 from 9a-2p.

Congrats EVERYONE!!!!!!

Archived