PA programs with Cadavers

programs use cadavers in different ways. in some programs, PAs do all the dissection work and in other programs they view cadavers dissected by others. you would need 2 lists. I recommend to all students considering pa school that they get a good cadaver dissection class before pa school in case their future program either does not do dissection at all or uses prosected or computer models, which just are not the same.

It is definitely a double edged sword. At my program we are in the middle of our cadaver lab/gross anatomy and we do all the dissection. It is very interesting and fun, but very time consuming. It would be way faster/more efficient to use pro-sected cadavers, however I could understand the appeal of doing the dissection yourself.

It is definitely a double edged sword. At my program we are in the middle of our cadaver lab/gross anatomy and we do all the dissection. It is very interesting and fun, but very time consuming. It would be way faster/more efficient to use pro-sected cadavers, however I could understand the appeal of doing the dissection yourself.

having done both, you learn a lot more doing the dissections yourself.

Archived