2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the first year student I spoke with in my interview group was originally wait listed and then called a couple days later.   

Is anyone applying at Oklahoma City University?  I originally signed up for that advisement session on Feb 1st.  A friend of mine went to an advisement session last year and she said the program sounded REALLY great.

Yep, the first year student I spoke with in my interview group was originally wait listed and then called a couple days later.

Is anyone applying at Oklahoma City University? I originally signed up for that advisement session on Feb 1st. A friend of mine went to an advisement session last year and she said the program sounded REALLY great.

I'm also signed up for the OCU session on feb 1st. The director there is the old director at OU, who took a majority of the staff/teachers with him. I've also heard good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, for those of you that were accepted, any advice? How many hce hours did you have? How many hours shadowing PA's? What do you think set you apart? Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a reapplicant this year. My advice would be to attend the reapplicant advisement session and stay after to talk one on one with a faculty member. Bring a copy of your personal statement, resume and transcript. Also they have a group advisement session and you can shadow a student (one of my interview questions was 'what did you learn from the lecture' so write it down). Go even if you already know all of the info about the program. They keep track of who attends. You can find the info for advisement on their website. I personally had a ton of shadowing hours in different specialties (~150 hrs) and volunteer work, among other things. At the advisement sessions, ask the person you talk to if they have anyone in mind that you could shadow. A lot of the non-faculty interviewers allow you to shadow them at their practice. Bridget Keast was one of my favorite shadowing opportunities.

In the end, you know how competitive this program is. Do anything you can to make yourself stand out. Write a new personal statement, telling them what you have done to better yourself as an applicant. Don't give up, and apply again next year!! Hope this helped.

Good thought KayL! and thanks betlbea for sharing that info. We'll see what happens.

Unfortunately, I know some applicants (not at OU) that even paid multiple deposits since they hadn't decided which program they want to attend yet... So stay positive even beyond this due date time frame because we can still get that call!

You guys know how much the deposit is?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived