Worcester: 2015-2016 Application

I was waiting to hear about receiving an interview or rejection letter so I called on Friday to check the application status. It was confirmed about the class being filled. But I received a letter yesterday saying that I while they could not offer me seat, I was accepted into their accelerated BSN program with scholarship. I only applied to their PA program. Has anyone ever received this before? I had this school on my list to reapply to for the new cycle. I did apply late to the current cycle but now I'm confused as to why they would send that.

PA is more competitive than BSN, so if you want to go into medicine and not wait to try again for PA, they accept some people to the BSN program that starts the same time as the PA program. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was waiting to hear about receiving an interview or rejection letter so I called on Friday to check the application status. It was confirmed about the class being filled. But I received a letter yesterday saying that I while they could not offer me seat, I was accepted into their accelerated BSN program with scholarship. I only applied to their PA program. Has anyone ever received this before? I had this school on my list to reapply to for the new cycle. I did apply late to the current cycle but now I'm confused as to why they would send that.

Yes, a couple of my friends got those. When they called they were told that since the program was filled so early this year they wanted to offer people something, so they accepted those who qualified into the nursing program. It's like a peace offering I suppose

Has anyone seen the updating situation with MCPHS's accreditation? Is this something we should be worried about?

http://www.mcphs.edu/Academics/programs/Physician%20Assistant%20Studies%20Postbaccalaureate%20MPAS

Hi,

I emailed them a couple weeks back and got a response today:

"Our accreditation status is a temporary probationary status.  We are still a fully accredited program.  We are currently complying with and will continue to comply with the ARC-PA accreditation agency on the number of students that we are allowed to enroll into our program with each class year.  The temporary probation status is not a reflection of the academic quality of our program.  Our current students’ ability to graduate with a PA degree and to sit for the board exam in not impacted by the temporary probation status.  We are confident that the probation status will be removed once our program has been reviewed in 2017.

I hope this better clarifies your concerns and we look forward to seeing you next year.  "

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on which state you want to practice, specialty, if you want to start working under a state law that allows you to work before you take the certification exam, like mass, if you actively look for a job before graduation or wait until you are done to start looking, etc, etc.

Thanks for the response! I was just wondering if students had trouble getting jobs after graduating from Worcester or does it not really matter, as long as you pass your PANCE. Cuz I can't find stats on graduates that get jobs after graduating from Worcester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It definitely depends what state you live in and how long it takes you to get a job. Licensing can take a while depending on what state you will be practicing in and then if you work at a hospital getting credentials/privileges take awhile too. I just graduated in December and won't be working until the end of May.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived