2015-2016 LMU Application cycle

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interview yesterday. Everybody was so nice, and the whole day was very laid back. There were plenty of opportunities to meet with students to have any and all questions answered. The dinner the night before helped put me at ease for the interview day. The interview process was very quick and painless. There were one or two faculty members that interviewed you, and you had two separate interviews that were 10-15 minutes long. The questions were straightforward and not designed to catch you off guard or trip you up. The morning presentations were very informative and alleviated my concerns. Overall, a very pleasant experience regardless of the outcome. 

I was told there were some issues with my prerequisites. Susan Owens has been wonderful in helping me get these issues straightened out and very quick to respond. I no longer have issues with my prerequisites. 

We were told they are shooting for admissions decisions to be made prior to Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed for everybody! 

Good luck to those of you who interviewed and are waiting on decisions, those who have interview invitations, and those of you still waiting! 

I interviewed 11/5 and got a letter in the mail last week placing me on the alternate list. 

Sorry to hear that, hopefully they will pick you off of the alternate list! If you don't mind, would you share your stats (GPA, Science GPA, GRE score, healthcare experience hours)? Just trying to get a feel of what I can expect.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully they will pick you off of the alternate list! If you don't mind, would you share your stats (GPA, Science GPA, GRE score, healthcare experience hours)? Just trying to get a feel of what I can expect.

Thanks, yeah I am trying to stay positive. I had above a 3.5 GPA each year except my sophomore year. As far as clinical experience I started full time in February this year as a medical assistant at an ENT surgeons office. I had a research internship at MUSC one summer and worked as a recreation manager for a children's shelter another summer. My only other previous job was as a waitress while I was in school. I have also shadowed a handful of doctors. GRE score wasn't so great..right around 300. 

Thanks, yeah I am trying to stay positive. I had above a 3.5 GPA each year except my sophomore year. As far as clinical experience I started full time in February this year as a medical assistant at an ENT surgeons office. I had a research internship at MUSC one summer and worked as a recreation manager for a children's shelter another summer. My only other previous job was as a waitress while I was in school. I have also shadowed a handful of doctors. GRE score wasn't so great..right around 300. 

Wow those seem like pretty good stats. I would think you would be one of the first they would pick off of the alternate list. Hearing that, I will probably end up on the alternate list too.

My interview is on Dec 10th! I've read this whole thread but for those of you who have already done the interviews, what kind questions do they ask?

I was asked

-what does a PA do

-what would you do if a doctor told you to do something you knew was wrong

-why do you want to be a PA

-Name some things that have happened in your life that have made an impact on you

-why would you make a good PA

-why have you chosen this program in particular 

-have you shadowed a PA

-Is there anything else you would like us to know about you that we haven't asked you today

• 2 weeks later...

Archived