2015-2016 LMU Application cycle

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone! I am in the class of 2016. It is definitely still worth applying to the school at this point. Some of my classmates were accepted and taken off the waiting list just weeks before school started. I think they do interviews all the way up to February or March... not quite sure when their last interview is. I will check back on this forum periodically if anyone has any questions. I will try my best to answer them. You can find more info on the PA program at http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/schools/debusk-college-of-osteopathic-medicine/lmu-dcom-physician-assistant-program/about-the-pa-program

Hello Everyone! I am in the class of 2016. It is definitely still worth applying to the school at this point. Some of my classmates were accepted and taken off the waiting list just weeks before school started. I think they do interviews all the way up to February or March... not quite sure when their last interview is. I will check back on this forum periodically if anyone has any questions. I will try my best to answer them. You can find more info on the PA program at http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/schools/debusk-college-of-osteopathic-medicine/lmu-dcom-physician-assistant-program/about-the-pa-program

I do have a question regarding clinicals. Are you able to set up your own site somewhere other than the core sites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have a question regarding clinicals. Are you able to set up your own site somewhere other than the core sites? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The policies to clinical rotations vary from year to year. There's no way to tell what the policy may be when you guys are going to go on rotation. I can tell you that my class wasn't given that opportunity to set up all of our own rotations. There were multiple people who rotated with someone they knew (family friend, etc.) for a specific rotation. Other than that, I am not sure how to answer the question.

I was invited to the November 12th interview. For those of you that have interviewed, would you mind giving a little insight into what the interview day is like. I read earlier threads that stated they felt like they were asked five questions - does that mean there are a few short individual interviews or what? I am not looking for specific questions, just looking for information as to what to expect on interview day. 

Thank you! 

The interview day is very laid back. When you get there they will have a few presentations then you will have your first interview. It's individual with two faculty members asking about 2 questions total. They just listen to you answer and write it all down. You get the opportunity to ask questions. Then the student ambassadors come in take you to lunch and on a tour. Then you come back in and the president and VP give a short presentation. After that you have your second interview. Same style as the first and you're free to leave. Try not to stress too much. They don't ask questions that are tricky or sly, just be yourself and you'll be fine.

I felt like the interview isn't nearly as long as it should be to actually learn about their applicants. Not once did they ask you a personal question. Also, you have two interviews but each one is MAYBE ten minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata

Any suggestions for upcoming interviewers?

Anyone interviewing Nov. 5th?

I am interviewing on Thursday as well! Are you in the AM group? (not sure if there even are PM interviews)

For those of you who recently interviewed, have you heard anything yet regarding a decision? Just trying to get an idea of how soon you hear back. Thanks!

I am interviewing on Thursday as well! Are you in the AM group? (not sure if there even are PM interviews)

For those of you who recently interviewed, have you heard anything yet regarding a decision? Just trying to get an idea of how soon you hear back. Thanks!

Awesome! Are you going to the ambassador dinner tomorrow? I was under the impression that we all had a interview in the morning and afternoon. I have heard nothing about groups.

Awesome! Are you going to the ambassador dinner tomorrow? I was under the impression that we all had a interview in the morning and afternoon. I have heard nothing about groups.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the dinner as I will be driving in tonight from Raleigh. But I am looking forward to meeting you and the others at the interview!

kilgoretrout - thanks for the info! Best of luck to all of us!

Archived