Expiring Contract/Notice

My contract ends 8/12/15. They still have not offered me a new contract to sign (the new CMO is taking a while). Normally I have to give 90 days notice to terminate the contract prior to its expiration. If I wanted to leave on 8/13/15, could I? A coworker said they thought it continued month-to-month after the above date and that I would still have to give notice, but I cannot find anything like that stated in the contract (also not sure what exactly to look for).

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

I figured... but I wasn't really sure where to look. It is a good situation, so I would want to give them some notice. But I also have some vacations planned and when I give notice I can't take PTO.

I had an apartment lease that stated that very clearly, but this has a little more legal jargon.

as a professional (and as a PA you are one) you are expected to bring these matters forward to them.  Grab the bull by the horns, ask for a signed contract ASAP.

As for notice, no less then the # of vacation weeks you get - unless it is an unsafe or illegal setting - BUT I would say no less then one month, and maybe longer depending on your role and your desire to let them transition

Archived