This is so Weird !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applied to this PA school in 2013 and was interviewed and waitlisted. I took a year off to improve my academics and re applied this cycle with better gpa and more hce. I received an email today stating that I do not meet their GPA requirement and I am like huh ? Hows that possible when I was interviewed a year ago with GPA even lower than the current stats. I called the program and they have asked me to email them my situation. But I am so discombobulated now :"(

One possible reason could be that the programs minimum GPA or HCE requirements may have been increased since you last applied. I would look on the programs website to see minimum requirements and see if they have changed since your last application. I also know that a recent batch of verified CASPA applications have had errors in the GPA reporting and calculations so I would go over your CASPA GPA to make sure there are no errors.

Thank you so much for your response. I did check the GPA requirements to see if anything has change since the time I applied previously and have not find any thing different. :( I checked my CASPA application as well and GPA is accurate. :"(  I feel like such a looser :'(

Come now, you know that attitude is only going to make things worse for you.  Turn that frown upside down immediately.

Your prospective school did the best possible thing for you - offered to review your case individually.  Take them up on their offer right away, be professional, polite and frank in your email.  Keep the emotional stuff out of it, don't use emoticons, just factually explain your situation.  The alternative is that they would have just rejected you outright with no offer to review your case, so I think you are in good standing.

Did you apply to more than this one school?  What are your academic stats and HCE?

Archived