Application Timeline

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

July is not too late, considering that your PA programs general deadlines are in fall sometime and they are on rolling admissions. It generally takes about a year to apply (start applications in summer, don't start until the following summer/fall). Some programs start in January, in which case everything is bumped up a bit. It takes a while to complete CASPA, supplemental applications, wait for interviews, attend interviews, and then get notified of acceptances. Then, you have to wait several months usually before you start.

Personally, I submitted my CASPA early June, attended interviews in Sep/Oct/Nov and then knew where I was attending by end of November of 2014.. I do not start until this coming August 2015!

Hope that helps:)

CASPA offers programs nine deadlines: June 15, July 15, August 1, September 1, October 1, November 1, December 1, January 15, and March 1. These deadlines are offered for many reasons and programs select the deadline that best fits in with their admissions process and timelines for interviews and decisions to be made and offered to each selected applicant. The best time to apply to any program is 'early'. How that is defined by each program is different but it is best to get your application in as soon as possible, since many PA programs have rolling admissions or rolling review.

Archived