Grade Concerns GPA

Hello Everyone,

my fiancé is faced with a situation with her GPA, she currently has some C's on her transcripts. To get specific its in non prerequisite courses(English, Intro Chemistry (not general) retaken 2X, and Pre calculus). We are both currently striving to get into the PA program and i have solid A's and B's in my courses. My question is when its time to get verified for CASPA is she basically screwed or is there still hope in retaking the non perquisite courses? She recently got a C in Microbiology too. Please advise, she thinks that she will be okay as long as she retake all of the courses that she achieved C's in, and i know from some prior research that CASPA doesn't honor grade retakes in prerequistie courses, I'm not sure if the same rules follows for classes that aren't. thanks again for the help.

• Administrator

Your post is light on specifics, but anything less than a 3.3-3.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA, with science GPA being at least as high and preferably higher, has not seemed competitive at most programs lately.

You also seem to be wanting to get into school with your fiancée (you said 'her', so not fiancé--you would be her fiancé, she is your fiancée).  This may be profoundly difficult, because even if her grades are as good as yours, PA school is pretty tough to get into, and the odds that the two of you will be accepted into the same program the same year are quite small.

CASPA does no grade replacement at all, prerequisite or not, so each class taken is that many more quality credits which all average in together.

Thank you for your responses, especially yours ronin. I at least didn't have any intention on trying to get into the same PA program as her, but what I'm getting at is. should she even bother to keep pursuing PA school with the grades she has right now? currently 8 C's on her transcript. i would hate for her to continue along this path to find out that her grades aren't good enough for any PA school. If there is a way to redeem herself what options does she have?

Archived