5 yrs experience PA, urgent care hourly pay, Pls help!

I have 5 yrs of experience at a private FM/UC setting in los angeles, CA.

I was paid 104k annually with 2 wks PTO, minimal CME and health insurance.

work was M-F, 9 to 6. no calls, no weekends.

pt load was light.

Looking for a new job due to move to orange county, CA.

I have a tentative offer from a corporate urgent care, with excellent bennie.

workday is 8 or 10, 1.5x for hrs beyond 8 hr/day.

gotta work the weekends (not all)

however,  the pay rate they told me was $50/hr blended rate and

they stated this is the best that they can do, and that they know this is well

below the market place, but it's the best they can do.

they can give me more shift if i wanted, to fill in extra bucks.

there's no salary raise per interval or no set reviews, but they'll be incentives.

i don't want to undersell myself but can i still try to negotiate after them saying that's the max they can do?

they said they'll make official offer once i email them i'm in for it.

what is the current going rate for UC PA with experience?

suggestions? advices?

thanks in advance

>>however,  the pay rate they told me was $50/hr blended rate and

they stated this is the best that they can do, and that they know this is well

below the market place, but it's the best they can do.>>

Then they are not really interested in you as a provider at their place.

They are interested in someone whom will take the job for that rate.

They look at you as someone that is there to fill a spot rather than someone with experience who can bring something more worthwhile to the position.

Keep looking.

The more they hear thanks but no thanks, the more likely they will raise their pay to attract someone.

I would tell them what you need, would be available to discuss further if they can meet your number. Otherwise thank them for discussing the position and wish them luck.

Good luck to you too.

G Brothers PA-C

i don't want to undersell myself but can i still try to negotiate after them saying that's the max they can do?

Think about it. Would you expect them to say: "Here's our offer but if you want more we'll see what we can do?"

Trust me, they can always pay more. However that doesn't mean they will, and it sounds like you don't want to risk screwing this up so it's probably not a good idea to simply ask for more, as though you didn't hear them. So, if you really need more you need to give them a number and tell them why you are worth it. It goes something like this:

"I really appreciate your offer and would love to work here. I think my x years of experience will be an asset to your practice and I am a very good producer. If you can increase your offer to xx per year I am ready to accept."

You can probably come up with better wording to fit the situation but the idea is to 1. let them know you are ready to come on board, 2. Sell yourself in one sentence, 3. Let them know this is the end of the negotiation. I.e. you won't keep asking for more and, 4 Leave yourself a way to accept the offer (or walk away) without a loss of face if they refuse your request.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

I actually had a conversation with one of my friends that I went to school with yesterday. We had a classmate the finished the arrowhead ER residency program and currently gets paid $50/hr in one of the local LA areas. Another classmate in Apple Valley is getting paid $36/hr. LA has a terrible market for PAs and definitely has them underpaid. I heard SD is the same as well. 

Archived