Florida Ortho offer--new to state--no clue what to do!

I am re-locating from the Midwest and am new to the hospital-based academic type offers.  This is an ortho/trauma, mostly clinical job; 8-5:00.  OR only if I want it (which I would push for just to get out of the office! maybe once a week?) as the residents are there to do all of that). NO call, NO weekends.  Health, vision, disability and all that.  They are giving 84k with 4 1/2 weeks PTO (also to be used for CME) and $1500 CME fund.  My main question to them: is that fund for EVERYTHING (ie license dues, AAPA, conferences, etc) as they didn't really specify.

I have close to 2 years experience ortho. I REALLY want/need to relocate so I need this job, but don't want to get doped either.  Could anyone with experience in this area/state help with how I can make sure I am getting what I deserve?

My student loans are paid so that is not an issue. Relocation would definitely be a plus, but with it being an academic setting, I don't know how much pull I have to request extra things like that without losing the offer.

Thanks, guys.  Everyone's input is always so great!

Ohh my. If that is the future of PA in Florida I will never recommend anyone to move there. academic centers especially surgical specialty should be paying more than that especially with Ortho experience. CME money is not there also. Registration just to conference costs $800.

Archived