reapplicant

hi there

i am a re applicant and will be applying for the upcoming cycle. I took a year off from applying last year to work on my application and took some more high level science classes while working as a medical scribe. Should i mention in my Personal Statement about applying previously and explain why i did apply last year ? ( i am to different schools this year)

I thank in advance for your kind responses :)

You probably have better things to say in your personal statement but, having said that, there is nothing wrong with discussing it, if it fits. There is certainly no reason to hide the fact since it shows you are steadfast in your pursuit of a PA career.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

If you are applying to different schools, saying that you've already applied to other places, took a year off, and are now applying to these places doesn't sound all that productive. They might ask why you didn't apply to them last year?

Better to highlight what you've done lately to become a better applicant than to drag out your "failure" last year.

This could be your year! Best wishes.

I agree with JohnnyM2 and wouldn't recommend it, but Ugolong brings up good points as well. If you do include that information,  you might want to keep it short. That sounds like something you want to highlight during the interview when they ask questions like:  "Have you ever applied to a PA program?". What PA programs have you applied to this year? or 'What did you do differently from the last time you applied?"

Archived