Pre-PA student seeking shadowing opportunities Nashville, TN

I am currently a full-time clinical employee at Centennial Medical Center, which hopefully simplifies many of the insurance and privacy issues associated with shadowing. I will gladly make any necessary changes to my schedule to be available to shadow. For now, I am hoping to observe within any specialty or department.

Have you tried inquiring within your hospital? It's always easier from the inside. When I worked at a hospital I randomly emailed a few PA's on the hospital's email list and asked if I could buy them lunch to discuss their profession (this was back in '05). This is actually how I first met a PA (haha the conversation didn't go as planned and ended with him telling me to go to MD school bc I will always regret it).

You may want to google search for TAPA and see if there is anyone you can contact on their site (http://www.tnpa.com/regionalinfo.php).

Archived