Sign in to follow this  

SC License

Has anyone obtained a SC license? The website says you have to do an interview with a medical board member. Does anyone know if this is mandatory or has anyone done the interview?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Mandatory for first license. Better than it used to be. At least now there are regional reps...a decade ago everybody had to travel to Columbia to meet with a board member along with your supervising physician. Not a popular policy. To make matters worse, at that time I had to go meet AGAIN whenever I wanted to change jobs/SPs. They got rid of that just a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply. What is the interview like? Do they mainly question your knowlwdge of SC PA law or is it more like a job interview?

I'm going for my SC license interview next week. Could you tell me what the interview is like?

My SC ''interview'' was a group of PA's , MD/DO's. A physician addressed us a group basically stating don't do anything stupid because the medical board takes infractions very seriously. It was over in 5 minutes and we were on our way. YMMV, but this is how mine went down. Where will you fellow SC PA's be practicing? 

• Upvote 1